"Grime MCs selling out"

Guest Yilmaz

Guest Yilmaz

as if this is any less a sell out track

Nah, this is nothing like as bad as what Stryder/Chipmunk have done, and to some extent Skepta.

Note how loads of them always have to use samples from previously popular (white) songs to get to number one.

Tinchy - Some dance tune Heaven I think

Skepta - Born Slippy Underworld

Chip - Chantays - Pipeline

• Upvote 3

Guest Yilmaz

Honestly speaking though, them guys should get money as fast as they can and as soon as they can, cos what else would they have done really? I can't hate on the above artists cos they need to get paid and this is their greatest chance of getting *proper* money.

Again with this selling out thing.

As if Styder doesn't still make grime tunes with the rest of Ruff Squad

and as if Skepta doesnt still go Rinse Fm with the rest of BBK and attends all the Rinse vs FWD and other raves around the country spitting over grime beats

Grime doesn't facilitate a decent living for these people so they have to branch out and make other tunes aswell to feed themselves and family as well as safeguarding their futures financially

these artist still have a decent stream of Grime tunes coming out on a regular basis so i've got no qualms with thme actually making money.

apart from certain members of the Og's name a grime artist as consitant with the tunes and realeases tunes as regular as Skepta and BBK.

if these grown men only went rinse fm and the odd rave making minor p, some of the same people calling thme sell outs would be calling them broke wastemen.

it doesn't make any sense, aslong as these man keep making the grime tune now and then i hope they get asmany number 1's/top tens as they can whatever genre the do it with.

• Upvote 8

as if this is any less a sell out track

Nah, this is nothing like as bad as what Stryder/Chipmunk have done, and to some extent Skepta.

seriously? you're putting Tinchy above Skepta?

Bad Boy is the most pop tune any of these guys have ever made

big up Tinchy and Tinie Tempah putting urban music into the mainstream again

• Downvote 3

hes right

tinchy stryder reminds me of this guy from 300

ladyeeeeee.jpg

the way he was grimes golden dwarf but sold his soul for the riches

tinchy was probably askin for a uniform like This guy above was askin darius

chipmunk is a mixed race infiltrator ... quickly got above his station and started surroundin himself with white people and other mixed breeds like ironik ...

skepta - guy is desparate for that commercial money... hes DESPARATE... i swear i think he would kill a baby for some mainstream success... somethin of the night about this breh, his ashy african face isnt right for mainstream society

dizzee sold out the best though.. i see this fag on tv in a white suit playin sambo laughin with j ross or performing garbage with that florence woman..

i said it from day u can cuss n dubz but they remained true to themselves...what a world we live in when the wiggas keep it real but the negros sell their souls for a 360 deal a gucci belt and free adidas

Mans a millionaire, dont think he cares now

• Upvote 1

if ur gonna make money out of music you either make ringtone rap or gospel/cliff richard covers in a swing style for middle aged bitches. it's a shame tinchy doesn't jump on tunes like tings in boots anymore but that doesn't mean decent music will die, coz there's fans of the music that will ensure real sh*t will always get made. let them make their money.

Hmm...

Lets be honest Megaman was on rap ting, he did the garage ting, cos there was girls and a bit of p. Even he'll tell you that it was man like Romeo that put him on to the garage thing. So technically he comprised himself when he got into the game... This is like SMS or whoever back then, saying So Solid sold out...

Skepta, Chipmunk, Stryder, etc are doing them. There all about the p, they know they are leaving no musical legacy, they are MC Hammer/Vanilla Ice to the game, if Mega was still that hustler instead of getting at them, he'd be positioning himself as the Dr Dre of our era and be like you man keep shining the light on the scene and make radio as urban as possible and before you know it I'm re-take it over like I never left... Thats why Wiley is so ill for the grime scene.