WORST ENGLAND PLAYER

n/a

Apologies in advance if text appears as a block of words wid no paragraphs. Posting from my phone.

Commentators/media and unrealistic hopefuls always go on about the premiership being the best quality and richest league of footballers and then assume england should always do well in international tournaments. But what they fail to recognise is majority of the best teams in the premiership consist of foreign top players who compliment those english players who flopped on the pitch today and for most international games. Talent and desire to win is not enough. England players lack the hunger, drive and passion. Something which money can't buy. Dont blame the italian manager... He is just getting paid.

• Upvote 2

Wouldn't say turn fast at all. Just people are quickly being reminded of the disappointment this group has provided over the last ten years.

This generation rightly or wrongly was hailed as the "golden generation", this generation has coincided with our league becoming "the best league in the world", this generation has had a footballing association that has employed the best English managers to the best foreign managers. We all know that even if England had gone out tonight it still wouldn't have been the footballers fault, as they are the "golden generation".

TBH I just want these players to disappear so we can get back to reality without the hype and update our ideas, even Capello has fallen into the same hype with the national team and making decisions he wouldn't have made a year ago.

• Upvote 1

yeh, i ges, but i stil fink its meesed up how the fans flew all the way to sa to boo their team off the pitch wen they didnt lose or get knocked out

and now their supposed to go to their next group game and want to win it for us

not dat they deseve sympathy with the way they all turned their backs on green and left him on the floor

Fans are entitled to boo IMO, I actually said during the game, I'd hate to be someone that spends my money to follow the national team, they are woeful to watch.

Its actually embrassing that man that earn 100 bags a week and are worshipped worldwide play that bad. Some joke and you gotta feel like a mug to have paid your money and think enthusiastically about these guys.

Worst part isn't even that they lacked ideas or technique, they didnt even have urgency or passion, the things England EXPECTS at the least regardless of the result.

Personally, I think the problem lies nationally the English/British culture and historic events. There is in part the expectation to be winning and coming top on things, just because we are England/Britain. Eg Britannia ruling the waves mentallity.

Not realising outside countries see England as a target/XBOX/PSN trophy-acheivement to overcome, even if they don't win the tournament overall. They go all out to beat or hold back English teams as if to get a one up on them. Half them outsiders where football is like a side pass time, whilst they work in some mine or next job to pay bills. And represent fully on the pitch for there country and personal pride.

Media / Sun/Daily Mirror (basically a collective of pub guys named barry and rob you catch my drift) almost run and dictate the England team selection. Then slag the manager off same way, get pissed and drunk and cause riots thinking it's 1930's world war era.

just my thoughts anyway.

I think the pre-tournament bravado in this country is just wishful thinking tbh. Its how the nation whips up excitement.

If we was only interested in & expected to win, I think by now this country would have moved onto other sports. Countries like America where winning is everything dont care for football and won't until they win. Plus we graceful accept defeat and generally speak of ourselves inferior to certain foreign nations.

Lampard was a ghost.

I was wanting Algeria to win by the second half.

I feel for the guys that spent £10,000 they can't really afford to take their kids to watch their country in a world cup, and that's the performance the players that these kids idolise give. sh*t's disgusting. They deserve to be booed.

• Upvote 1

Haha, Souness is getting heated. But he is right, Terry is a knob.

In a way England need to be knocked out, so English football can have a post-mortem. Whole structure needs to be started again from top to bottom.

So Terry, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney sit down for a chat and decide where its going wrong and what needs putting right. But they need to tell Capello, whos going to speak up. "Dont worry Terry weve got your back, you say something and we will support you". "Ok lads, no problem".

So what happens, Terry pipes up and the rest sh*t themselves and hide behind Heskey.Bunch of cowards

As much as i hate Terry, he is the true captain.

I highly doubt that they all sat down to agree that Terry go out there and say Rooney and Cole are the only players that can unlock a team. Or that Capello can either like it or lump it, comparing airing your views to what Anelka did. Guy is a joke, he didn't even speak at the meeting.

"It wasn't the case [that the players had clear-the-air talks with Capello at the meeting] but I can understand where John [Terry] is coming from. He's passionate, he's like that for Chelsea and England. People are different, the messages I've had was that John just wanted to hit things head on."

Asked if Terry had spoken up during the meeting, Lampard, though evasive, said he had not.

LOL at sending one of the biggest mouths in Essex to talk for you. Dumb f*cks.