Anelka given the boot. Not the golden one.

Yuri

La sanction est tombée. Nicolas Anelka a été exclu de l'équipe de France samedi. La conséquence de ses insultes envers Raymond Domenech à la mi-temps du match contre le Mexique jeudi à Polokwane. Tout au long de la journée de samedi, les réunions du staff et de la direction de la Fédération française se sont succédées au camp de base de Knysna, dans un contexte marqué par de nombreuses rumeurs. L'indignation suscitée en France a fini par pousser la FFF à réagir fortement, même si plusieurs heures se sont écoulées avant l'annonce de l'exclusion de Nicolas Anelka. Raymond Domenech et les cadres de la FFF ont pris la décision que la logique imposait. Les révélations de L'Equipe, dont Football365 a pu avoir confirmation sur place même si les mots ne sont pas identiques, ont donc abouti au renvoi de Nicolas Anelka. L'attaquant de Chelsea vit ses derniers moments à Knysna. Il y a aussi de fortes chances pour ce soient ses derniers souvenirs de l'équipe de France.

A 31 ans, Nicolas Anelka aura du mal à se relever de ce carton rouge infligé par la FFF. C'est le deuxième accrochage sérieux de sa carrière en équipe de France après avoir exigé à Jacques Santini qu'il s'agenouille devant lui en 2003 au cas où celui-ci aurait voulu le rappeler. Ecarté en 1998 par Aimé Jacquet, en 2002 par Roger Lemerre et en 2004 donc par Jacques Santini, il était aussi absent de la liste de Raymond Domenech pour la Coupe du Monde 2006 en Allemagne avant que l'actuel sélectionneur n'en fasse finalement un cadre durant ces quatre dernières années. Ils ont été quatre à successivement juger qu'il ne devait pas intégrer le groupe. Un cinquième, Guy Roux, aurait aussi pu le faire. « C'est un joueur que je n'ai jamais compris », a confié le consultant de Canal+ vendredi. Sa première Coupe du Monde restera donc comme un cinglant échec. Totalement improductif dans le jeu et très critiqué pour son manque flagrant d'implication, il ne devrait plus réapparaître sous le maillot de l'équipe nationale.

Son bilan demeurera de 14 buts en 71 sélections à moins d'un adoucissement spectaculaire du climat autour de lui d'ici le 11 août et le premier match dirigé par Laurent Blanc en Norvège. S'excusera-t-il pour effacer ce triste épisode de Polokwane ? Ce n'est pas, a priori, dans la mentalité du joueur. Il faudra se contenter pour semblant d'explication des reproches successifs qu'aurait adressé Nicolas Anelka à Raymond Domenech à propos du système tactique mis en place, de son esseulement en attaque. Et quand le sélectionneur a ciblé la prestation de son attaquant dans les vestiaires de Polokwane, le joueur de Chelsea a explosé. Un coup de sang intolérable pour un international français, qui a oublié le poids du maillot des Bleus et l'exemplarité qu'impose la chance de pouvoir le porter dans la plus grande des compétitions internationales. Cet « animal à sang froid » décrit par Arnaud Ramsay, qui a écrit avec lui Anelka par Anelka, s'en va sur une nouvelle polémique. Les Bleus n'en avaient pas besoin. Ils s'enfoncent dans leur cauchemar.

Dunno if anybody else can read French, but basically, at half-time against Mexico he said to Domenech "go f*ck yourself, you son of a bitch".

So the FFF have told Anelka to go f*ckl himself and he's not playing again. Ever.

The penalty is declined. Nicolas Anelka has been ruled out of the France team Saturday. The result of his insulting Raymond Domenech at halftime of the match against Mexico on Thursday in Polokwane. Throughout the day Saturday, meetings of staff and management of the French Federation have succeeded at the base camp of Knysna, in a context marked by many rumors. The indignation aroused in France has finally push the FFF to react strongly, even if several hours have passed before the announcement of the exclusion of Nicolas Anelka. Raymond Domenech and the FFF executives have decided that the logical extension. Revelations of L'Equipe, which may have Football365 confirmed on the spot even if the words are not identical, therefore, have resulted in the dismissal of Nicolas Anelka. Chelsea striker saw his last moments in Knysna. There are also chances are that his last memories of the France team.

At 31, Nicolas Anelka will be difficult to recover from the red card inflicted by the FFF. This is the second serious clash of his career in the France team after he demanded to Jacques Santini kneels before him in 2003 if it wanted to remember. Dismissed in 1998 by Aime Jacquet in 2002 by Roger Lemerre in 2004 and then by Jacques Santini, he was also absent from the list by Raymond Domenech for the World Cup 2006 in Germany before the current coach did make a final framework over the past four years. They were four to successively judge that he should not join the group. A fifth, Guy Roux, would also have done. "He's a player I never understood," said the consultant for Canal + on Friday. His first World Cup will remain as a bitter failure. Totally unproductive in the game and much criticized for its glaring lack of involvement, it should no longer appear under the shirt of the national team.

His record of 14 goals will remain in 71 selections unless a dramatic softening of the climate around it by August 11 and the first game led by Laurent Blanc in Norway. Does he apologize to erase this sad episode in Polokwane? This is not a priori in the mentality of the player. It will just pretend to explain the successive criticisms would have sent Nicolas Anelka Raymond Domenech about the tactical system in place, his loneliness in attack. And when the coach has targeted the benefit of her attacker in the locker room of Polokwane, the Chelsea player has exploded. A stroke unbearable for a French international, who has forgotten the weight of the Blues jersey and exemplary imposed a chance to bring in more international competitions. This "cold-blooded animal" described by Arnaud Ramsay, who wrote with him by Anelka Anelka goes on a new controversy. The Blues did not need it. They dig into their nightmare.

Google Chrome >>

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

France left-back Patrice Evra has indicated that there is someone trying to ruin Les Bleus' spirit in South Africa.

Striker Nicolas Anelka has been kicked out of France's World Cup squad following an outburst with coach Raymond Domenech during the match against Mexico, but Evra believes his side's main worry lies elsewhere.

"The problem of France is not Anelka, but the traitor among us," he said at a press conference. "We must eliminate the traitor from the group, because he wants to hurt the team.

"There is no little mouse in the locker room, this comes from someone who is on the team and wants to hurt the team. We are not going to lie, the reporter [from L'Equipe] did not make this up.

"I do not know anything [about this person], I am not a magician."

Still, Evra, who confessed that he was forced to intervene to stop the altercation, criticized Anelka for insulting Domenech, saying: "His comments are unacceptable."

"The comments made by Nicolas Anelka against the national coach Raymond Domenech are totally unacceptable to the FFF, the French football and the values they uphold," an FFF statement read.

"Informed late on Friday evening of the serious incident during half-time of the match between France and Mexico, the federation's president, Jean-Pierre Escalettes, asked Nicolas Anelka, in the presence of captain Patrice Evra, to officially apologize to the French people and to rue his remarks before Raymond Domenech, the staff and 23 players of the French national team.

Upon the player's refusal to issue a public apology, Escalettes made the decision, in full agreement with the coach and members of the French delegation in Knysna, to exclude Nicolas Anelka from the group.

"I have great respect for the France team, I also have great respect for all my teammates, without exception, I insist on that," he told Francesoir.

"France have a big match on Tuesday against South Africa, which could see them progress in this World Cup. That is why I prefer not to talk yet.

"But I want to clarify that the comments that came out in the press are not mine.

"I certainly had a heated discussion with the coach but it was held in the secrecy of the locker room between the coach and myself, before my team-mates and staff.

"It should never have got out of the locker room. I do not know what benefit came from spreading such things, but it certainly was not someone from the team.

"My goal was never to disrupt the French team, an institution that I respect.

"I accept my exclusion from France and I wish good luck to Les Bleus against South Africa."

Such chaos. The disunion astounds me.

A docu needs to be done post haste.

I guess Nico is done, Forever.

And who is Evra referring to as the traitor?

I'm BEGGING it isn't Yoann.

Because it would make sense to an extent.

/

Co-sign at a documentary being made. Trust. This is a case-study for shitty man-management.

/

How can Anelka get turfed from the national team twice?

Great stuff

Its a sinking ship, hes won everything bar the World Cup and France aint gna win this

I told every1 playing 4-5-1 would kill France

He was playing well as the lone striker winning flick ons and holding the ball up, Ginac hardly touched it when he came on lol

• Downvote 2

its most probably gourcuff.

the french team is going to be built around him for years to come, just needs to make sure that all the players dont like him are banished from the french squad forever and allow a new generation. anelka is done, henry and gallas are finished. im sure hes praying that ribery doesnt bus case.

Some reports have alleged that Gourcuff sometimes eats alone at the dinner table, and that Ribery and Anelka do not like him and pressured Domenech to drop him against Mexico.

Gourcuff was replaced by Florent Malouda, and did not play any part in the match.

In the opening game against Uruguay, Anelka had a clear chance to pass to the unmarked Gourcuff during the first half but chose not to, prompting an angry reaction from Gourcuff who threw his arms up in the air.

Toulalan did say, however, that players should always behave professionally, no matter what their differences.

"We can't all be the best friends in the world," Toulalan said. "But there's no way I'm going to go out on the pitch with the idea that I'm not going to pass to this player or that player."

Gourcuff said after the Mexico defeat that he was being made a scapegoat for the team's inability to score goals.

"It has been a collective failure over the two games. Football is hard when you can't play together," Gourcuff said. "Perhaps I have paid the price, I don't know. I've not had any explanations."

/

I'm seeing talk on twitter about Toulalan breaking up a fight between Ribery and Gourcuff on the plane after the Mexico game.

/

I reckon Gourcuff is the traitor Evra's talking about

Its is either Gourcuff or Toulalan.

Gourcuff cos he probably baited Anelka's comments to the press or Toulalan cos he snitching to Domenech what them man are plotting.

Wickedest karma for certain man when Laurent Blanc takes over.

Thing is, do them man not rate him cos of his ball skills or personality?

French man are like road south niggas anyway, lol, Gallas probably makes Evra think they plotting together and then he going to make secret trips to Domenech like how he did Toure...

# Domenech tells Lizarazu that the 2000 France team boycotted the press. Lizarazu: "You're lying." This is spicing up... 2 minutes ago via web

Ribery just wandered onto set in shorts and flip flops and was given microphone. He looks genuinely upset by stories surrounding team. 4 minutes ago via web

Ribery: "When I see people on TV saying I'm the big shot of the class, it hurts me. I'm not like that." 5 minutes ago via web

Ribery almost on verge of tears. "I was the first to go and talk to the journalists. I enjoy it. But I won't do it anymore." 9 minutes ago via web

Ribery makes unscheduled entrance on TF1: "I have no problem with Yoann [Gourcuff]. Saying I fought with him is ridiculous." 11 minutes ago via web

L'Equipe's @vincentduluc on TF1 to explain his paper's front page. Domenech: "If I wasn't obliged to be here, I'd get up and leave."