Wavves - King of The Beach

Trilliam

Guest WAVESURFER

Leaked already?

SHET MEHN.

Cheers Jubez, DLing now. Been looking forward to this. Liked the single, sounded like Blink 182, bit of a departure from the previous fuzzy-sounding stuff.

Guest WAVESURFER

I'm kind of going in the opposite direction. On first listen, I like this less than I liked the last two records, and I think it's because it's a lot cleaner. You can hear his voice, and I'm realising that I don't really like his voice all that much.

There are some good tunes on there though, and I'll listen to it some more, hopefully it'll grow on me. Still love the single, it's a f*ck*ng ripper.

Also, it was about 1AM when I listened to it, and I feel like it'll probably be more of an early-afternoon record. I'll put it on my ipod and give it a listen in the garden tomorrow.

King of the beach is the single right, frentic sh*t. Listening again and the album is best when it's going at 90mph, when it slows up it loses some of that kicking out the jams charm.

Ah I see, maybe I like this one because I'm a fan of the voice, sounds a bit like Tom DeLonge.

Opening three tracks is a blistering start.

edit:

Was a bit hasty with the praise (surprise surprise). There's quite a few disposable tracks on here, most coming when he puts the guitars down. Post Acid and Idiot along with the aforementioned three, maybe Take On The World and that's it for me.