Welcome to 2005 PlayStation Owners

Mr. Gayle

The day has finally arrived, cross-chat is hitting the PS3. According to Sony, Cross-Game Chat will be a a new feature on the PS3, but no exact date of when it'll go live, but it seems like it'll be later this month when PlayStation Plus goes live with firmware 3.40.

Sadly, it does appear you'll need to have Playstation Plus to use this feature and it won't be open to all gamers. To get PlayStationPlus, it'll cost you a $50 for the service.

Detailed on the website:

# Cross-game Voice Chat: invite your friends to chat online no matter what game you're all playing, even if they aren't members of PlayStation Plus. (Note: This message is also on the PlayStation Swedish site. Update: It has now been taken down. )

Cross-game chat has been a hot topic for PS3 gamers for well over a year now, and Sony is taking things to the next level by offering this service to gamers. Hopefully, it's used a lot as gamers have begged for it for many long months.

Guest Triple XXX

so they werent gonna charge us yea?

feel to throw this sh*t out the window

rather pay for the better service from xbl, does anyone know if the UK will be able to get ESPN? (not that im that much of a sports fan, but hey..)

also P+, is that 50 a year or for life or what?

rather pay for the better service from xbl, does anyone know if the UK will be able to get ESPN? (not that im that much of a sports fan, but hey..)

50 a year bruv (or like a 15quid for 3months)

you get extra features on the network and supposedly they give u access to stuff earlier, try before u buy on any games (including playing them online), 4 psn games a month included etc etc

50 a year bruv (or like a 15quid for 3months)

you get extra features on the network and supposedly they give u access to stuff earlier, try before u buy on any games (including playing them online), 4 psn games a month included etc etc

+

Also, the party chat system works the same as Live, Free PSN users can't start thier own party chart but they can join. Maximum of 4 people though which is aight.

+

Full game trial is a great idea. A full a PSN game restricted to a set time of use as a means of a proper demo.

+

All the features available now remain free.

+

It's the same price as XBL so it's £40.

+

You get special discounts and whatnot, I'm hoping they are of the same caliber of Steam Weekends which are great. Only reason people love Steam are the deals.

So you can download a full game and complete it in the given time limit (which is what 2 days?)

They haven't said much atm about it. Games with a SP mode will be short I guess, like 3-2 hours. An SP mode like COD4 takes 6 hours to finish, so I can't see them giving you so much time.

But since they've introduced time limiting on full retail games, they might aswell copy Steam Weekend Multiplayer, which is basically a free multiplayer portion of a game to play between Fri-Monday Morning. I don't have MW2 on PC but I have it sitting on my HDD from a few a weeks back of playing it for free via Steam Weekend Multiplayer.