Do you hold it down at work?

The Somalian

Theres a few people that are kool, I play for the same footy team as one guy there, wouldnt go out in the night time with any of them though

There was one guy who was on a level but he left recently.

Keep myself to myself, do more work, let people talk about my work rate than about what I did at the weekend, plus the higher people listen to what I have to say if I don't think things are going to work for whatever reason

what if you have nothing in common with them and are not the type of people you would associate yourself with?

I am bless with people within my department but they dont know my business and I dont really want to know there's. I buy cakes and stuff and they buy gifts for each other give me stuff all the time.

Thats a sensible level and thats I am cool with. Stay on my P and Q's.

But when a man ask me where am I from and I say hackney and they ask me if I have ever seen someone murdered, do you really expect me to be smiles with them. This breh was being serious when he asked me to.

For instance one brudda was murdered and so I was late for work coz all roads were locked off. I explained this I started getting asked questions if I knew the guy etc. I just said No, I did know him to say safe to and wot not and make small talk in the bookies but its none of their business.

Then there is lunch, I like to read my paper and eat my food in peice, I dont want no next man trying to make small talk about some foolishness I cant remember in my ear. Only couple man I have met in the whole place (I work alongside 500 other people) who I can talk on a level and them man are militant man still who are playing the game same way I am.

But when a man ask me where am I from and I say hackney and they ask me if I have ever seen someone murdered, do you really expect me to be smiles with them. For instance one brudda was murdered and so I was late for work coz all roads were locked off. I explained this I started getting asked questions if I knew the guy etc. I just said No, I did know him to say safe to and wot not and make small talk in the bookies but its none of their business.

Fair point that is some foolisheness from them. My guys at work are cool. I work in an all male environment, the banter is a lot. Although one thing I hate about work is that you can't wear something new to the office without someone saying something. It's too much stimulation for them

what if you have nothing in common with them and are not the type of people you would associate yourself with?

I am bless with people within my department but they dont know my business and I dont really want to know there's. I buy cakes and stuff and they buy gifts for each other give me stuff all the time.

But when a man ask me where am I from and I say hackney and they ask me if I have ever seen someone murdered, do you really expect me to be smiles with them. This breh was being serious when he asked me to.

For instance one brudda was murdered and so I was late for work coz all roads were locked off. I explained this I started getting asked questions if I knew the guy etc. I just said No, I did know him to say safe to and wot not and make small talk in the bookies but its none of their business.

Then there is lunch, I like to read my paper and eat my food in peice, I dont want no next man trying to make small talk about some foolishness I cant remember in my ear. Only couple man I have met in the whole place (I work alongside 500 other people) who I can talk on a level and them man are militant man still who are playing the game same way I am.

YH TRUSS ME PEOPLE THAT AREN'T FROM LONDON ARE SO NAIVE

when i did work experience i was chatting to one girl that worked there and she asked "how do you get to work", i was like "oh i catch train from streatham common", then she asked me similar neeky things

you have to allow them for that though, if they live out of london and only really hear about sh*t from the papers. truesay this bitch was only from Hounslow so she shouldn't have been that clueless, it's only on the outskirts really

right makes a bit more sense now these people sound stupid

i dont think anyones sayin force conversation but...people, are interesting.

everyone has experience/advice/stories to share

example the guy I sit next to at work is a 58 year old grandad. we dont have much in common but hes a chatty guy and so am I so we've shared stories eg he was in the army for 8 years, served in various places got into some madness on and off the battlefield, he married his first wife they had a child 18 months in he found out she was cheating on him

thats just a snippet.