Why is dubstep more easy to buy than grime?

Illusion

Serious question.... Why is it that I can go on boomkat, junodownload, even play and find a shitload of the latest dubstep, up there and available for me to buy and download, but the grime just seems a lot harder to find?

Is it that Grime artists just aren't good at releasing their tracks? Or do I just need to look harder?

Grime is full of

-instrumentals that aren't well designed enough to be played by themselves

-vocalled by MCs who don't do justice to the beat

-played by DJs who keep favourites

-at a small amount of raves or radio sets

-leaving a crappy level of income to the scene

-'causing producers not to be bothered

• Upvote 1

Grime is full of

-instrumentals that aren't well designed enough to be played by themselves

-vocalled by MCs who don't do justice to the beat

-played by DJs who keep favourites

-at a small amount of raves or radio sets

-leaving a crappy level of income to the scene

-'causing producers not to be bothered

C/S

It was always about the MC and not the Producer or DJ, when they were the ones able to push the scene.

this never used to be the case tho

djs used to buy grime by the case load

erm, dunno how to continue that rhyme. but back in the day grime releases suddenly all had vocals on them, with little 8 bar intros. i started buying dubstep coz it sounded like grime with a focus on the dj, and the vinyl releases were of a much better quality. i dunno wots up with dubstep these days tho, bare weirdos and nut jobs listening to it, and making awful sh*t and calling it 'deathstep' or 'filthstep'. watch for the sh*t i'm gonna start making all u junkies can f*ck off back to the gabba room.

• Upvote 1

It was always about the MC and not the Producer or DJ, when they were the ones able to push the scene.

erm, dunno how to continue that rhyme. but back in the day grime releases suddenly all had vocals on them, with little 8 bar intros. i started buying dubstep coz it sounded like grime with a focus on the dj, and the vinyl releases were of a much better quality. i dunno wots up with dubstep these days tho, bare weirdos and nut jobs listening to it, and making awful sh*t and calling it 'deathstep' or 'filthstep'. watch for the sh*t i'm gonna start making all u junkies can f*ck off back to the gabba room.

:lol:

:lol:

The names their coming out with is f*ck*ng getting ridiculous. Too many pretentious cunts thinking its cool to make what I would determine as just noise.

http://dubstepreactions.tumblr.com/

Some of the comments on there about dubstep have me cracking up!

Anyway some good points made in this thread.