My Glastonbury

Sinister

Absolutely f*cked weekend.

Weather was on point but got unbearable by the Sunday.

Working, getting your shifts out the way before the weekend and getting in for free>>>>>>>>>___________________

Who I saw on Thursday:

Annie Nightingale

Nero

Jamie XX

Obverall Dance field - only place that seemed to be having artists.

Friday:

Willie Nelson - don't usually listen to this kinda music, but chillin' on the hill listening to willie while sippin' on 7% strawberry cider is the one.

Snoop Dogg - couldn't believe how rammed it got for Snoop, but he was on point and everyone was jammin' although not so much towards his new stuff, ROFL at the OAP couples in front of me skankin' to Snoop and smokin' weed. Ang tite Tinie Tempa on the collabo.

Vampire Weekend - saw them at Reading, but they performed a decent set

Dizzee Rascal - like I said last year when I saw him at V, ain't into anything of his past the first album, but he really knows what to perform and how to perform it, and coming on the main stage before the headliners speaks for itself. Everyone I spoke to rated him on the Friday as the set to watch (bar Snoop). Was bait Florence was gona come out and do the duo.

Gorillaz - Now here's where I was dissappointed, not enough animation and the fact they performed songs not everyone knew, meant the crowd just weren't with it. Was good to see Snoop come out though and I guess they must have ruched it once U2 pulled out.

Saturday:

Marina & The Diamonds - only caught the end, but was good to just chill and listen, tent seemed to be rammed.

Foals - Absolutely smashed it, highlight was probably the lead singer climbing the scaffolding and jumping. Then the security fighting for a good 5 mins trying to get him out, the crowd didn't wanna let go.

The XX - now, I never really got the hype when the album came out, but now I can see why. sh*t was emotional (but I think that had a lot to do with the copious amouts of drink I had).

Petshop Boys - Didn't really go to watch them but listened none the less as I was waiting for Sub Focus, alot of electro and alot of old people.

Freq Nasty - Dirty set, alot of break and Dub.

Sub Focus - The fact he had a miniscule tent was unbelievable, not a Muse fan, so went to see him instead. Still don't think he can mix, but set was on point.

Sunday:

Saw the footy and wished I hadn't, but had instead got some rest and recuperated instead of watching that sh*t.

We Are Scientists - Haven't actively listened to alot of their stuff, but their stuff was on point. The banter pissed me off a bit.

MGMT - Not as good as V last year, but that was probably to do with the fact they played alot of new stuff and the main singers Mic just was not on point.

LCD Soundsystem - Absolutely huge LCD fan, and he obliterated the Other Stage. Was perfect, listening to LCD, sippin' some drink and watching the sunset.

Stevie Wonder - could not believe how rammed this was, felt sorry for all the other headliners on the other stages, probably had like 5 people there. Atmosphere was electric and he showed why he is the best at what he does. Paid respect to MJ as well, the ending was jokes when he sang Happy Birthday with Michael Eavis and he just could not sing, lol.

Overall = Good week, will be doing it again next year, now hopefully looking forward to V & Reading.

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with the pair of you on Gorillaz, I like them and what is being done but that show was just boring it lacked something which left me gutted. I thought it be a real hard hitting frantic paced show, bit of an anti-climax really.

Snoop sounded really good, funny people who wasn't pleased with Jay-Z headling now happy with Snoop never mind,

Sounded a good one, didn't go this year since my personal life changed and other things had to come first, I might go next year it all depends.

Saw Stevie the night before at Hard Rock and he was awesome.

• Downvote 1

I have to agree with the pair of you on Gorillaz, I like them and what is being done but that show was just boring it lacked something which left me gutted. I thought it be a real hard hitting frantic paced show, bit of an anti-climax really.

Snoop sounded really good, funny people who wasn't pleased with Jay-Z headling now happy with Snoop never mind,

Sounded a good one, didn't go this year since my personal life changed and other things had to come first, I might go next year it all depends.

Saw Stevie the night before at Hard Rock and he was awesome.

Your thread last year kinda made me wanna go even more tbh.

I think Snoop is viewed completely differently to Jay and I think that's one of the main reasons he is respected more by the mainstream/white middle class than Jay.

right im gonna try and do a similar, but ive just woke up, this cud be good or bad

tuesday

10pm set off

wednesday

4am arrive in car park

6am start queing

11am get in to festival (buzzing)

12pm set up camp and open beer

pretty much now we got pissed watches the england game i passed out from all the sun cider and lack of sleep. and as the was nothing else to do, i shook of my power nap and we headed towards stone circle with a lot of laughing gas and ket and weed and made lots of new friends!

the place is crazy some excited vibe in the place, everyone in good spirits for the week to come. left before sun rise amazing night.

thursday-

again wasnt much to do in comparison to the weekend, but we went for a mooch around and headed towards the p*ssy parlor for annie nightingale but there was an absolutely f*cked up que and we bailed and went to a little stage called the magic bubble about 200m away and was listening to some nice bouncy techno in the sun.

headed back later on and saw wax tailor, jamie xx, joy orbison (was sick) at this point i had lost my group but was in such a good mood i stayed and made friends with some lads taking piss. i ended up with 4 pills from them, instead of taking them i sold them dropping pills at 1am isnt a good idea.

friday

after 2 sick days the festival is only just starting

dee stat- just waiting for miike snow in the john peel tent and catching some shade, nice band gonna check them out

miike snow- love this band but their set went a bit low in the middle and the crowd wasnt getting into it. i loved the way who they really get into their own songs and really jam with them.

met a group of guys who are camped next to us, and we would hang out the rest of the weekend, really cool guys especially as the rest of the people in my camp i barely knew and didnt click with

bombay bicycle club- their performance was amazing, could see they were blown away with the reception

rodger sanchez- nice from what i heard of him, wasnt too rammed but was a good atmosphere

rusko (i think) didnt enjoy, too many idiots, some prick sold me m-kat instead of ket, he deserves to die for burning me like that.

mumford and sons- looked way too busy but pushed our selves in to the very front and this guys were sick. little lion man was one of my festival highlights.

dizzie- was sick, but so was i, i lay down and fell asleep

flaming lips- amazing entrance, singer coming trough the crowd in an orb!

shangri la and annie mac essential mix- the best part of the whole week, mr sinister please tell u went to the shangri la area at one point! it was bizzare, secret doors, hostage rental, sheds made to look like old ladies front rooms a big green fabric wall with dancers behind that make the wall look like people are coming out of it. there is way too much to write about and my descriptions do not give justice to who good this place is.

annie smashed it too.

saturday

im struggling to remember what i did early on. i think it invovled a spiff at cube henge and some nice dub reggae

sea sick steve- pushed to the front again, one of my highlights some great songs, amazing sounds coming from his guitars, and from starting out at glasto years and years ago busking in car parks and in bars and working his way up to the pyramid stage is amazing.

dead weather- my dad had been raving about them, and they were so good, very raw sound, jack whites new band are wicked

dub pistols- singer was too coked up and annoying so we left

again i dunno im struggling to remember

scissor sisters- just followed the group on this one, but they were ok, i can enjoy any music really, and they were on before muse

muse- i would have said i hated muse before this, but they were amazing, their music is perfect for crowds this big im guessing at 100,000+ for this. also the added advantage of playing at night their lights and lazer added much more to the show.

craze- dmc champ apparently, f*ck*ng smashed it, lots of hiphop mixed with electro the crowd we eating out his hand another highlight

novak 3d silent disco- awesome time slimer from the ghost busters coming at u in 3d is great, especially as one of the girls we were with didnt realise she had 3d glasses on saw it and ducked back and fell over. security were wankers tho,

sunday

watched football,

and all i can remember from here is faithless which were good but we were too far back, and there were lots of old folk waiting for stevie, kind of killed the atmosphere.

stevie was wicked, i heard a lot of his music, but wish i knew it better. massively enjoyed this, good way to end the festival

packed up my sh*t let our driver get a couple hours sleep and went to the cocktails and dreams club for the cuban brothers, i absolutely love this guys, if u dont know they are basically a hip hop cabaret act, but sooo funny and it was just party vibes, i absolutely loved it

we left the site with no ques or drama, amazing week

Yes man - Shangri-La is the most bizarre f*cked place I ever been.

I tried seeing the Cuban Bros but the queue to get in was nuts.

Pissed I missed Bombay Bicycle Club & Dead Weather

Which gates did you come in through, if it was Ped gate C I probably must have come in contact.