The Weird and Strange Thread

Captain Planet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

The Bloop is the name given to an ultra-low frequency and extremely powerful underwater sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) several times during 1997. The source of the sound remains unknown.

While it bears the varying frequency hallmark of marine animals, it is far more powerful than the calls made by any creature known on Earth. The frequency of the sound meant it had to be much louder than any recognised animal noise, including that produced by the largest whales.

The main scientist of the team that recorded the bloop, says the sound was just moving ice.

Who knows about the crop circles?

A crop circle[note 1] is a sizable pattern created by the flattening of a crop such as wheat, barley, rye, or maize.[1][2]

In 1991, self-professed pranksters Doug Bower and Dave Chorley stated that they had started the phenomenon in 1978 by making actual circles on crops with the use of simple tools.[3] However, crop patterns did not only persist but became astonishingly complex. Some even came to resemble stereotypical extraterrestrials as portrayed by science fiction movies, fractals and archaeological, religious or mythological symbols, thus leading to speculation and passionate debate. Among others, paranormal enthusiasts, ufologists and anomalistic investigators have offered arousing yet hypothetical explanations that have been criticized as pseudoscientific by skeptical groups like the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry.[4][5][6][7]

Most of the observed patterns have revealed as products of deception, artistic expression and business[8] or tourist[9] interests. Some cases have been examined by a few researches via the scientific method.

Despite decades of research, there is no conclusive explanation of how crop circles are made.[10]

They're made over night and some claim it's impossible for humans to do perfect shapes like that at night and it would take them hours to do. And some claim Aliens have done it, quite interesting tbh

It wasn't alien technology. Like I have said, don't fall into the "If it wasn't the Europeans then it was aliens" trap. The africans knew how to do sh*t before Europe.

true stories.... the arrogance of these crackers amaze me.....while they eulogise over the advances of the ancient Rome and Greek empires they dedicate all their resources in trying to prove that the pyramids were built by aliens and if not then the Eqyptians who built them were not black... <_<

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Flat Eric

Y is the bible strange?

Man walking on water

Man parting the sea

Rod turning into a snake

Talking snake

Mans strength in his hair

Man returning from his death

Turning water into wine

Feeding loads of ppl with tiny bit of food

Man getting 2 of most if not all species of animal and putting them in a huge ark

Man parting the sea

A burning bush speaking

Just to state a few

some of these are not to be taking literally

like the feeding of the 5000 or whatever some say happened because once they saw that Jesus was so willing to share the little food he had everyone else began to feel comfortable sharing the food that they had been hiding out of greed, more of a moral lesson thing.

dunno what the living to 900 thing was about in genesis though.

• Downvote 2

Guest Awesome Kong

It wasn't alien technology. Like I have said, don't fall into the "If it wasn't the Europeans then it was aliens" trap. The africans knew how to do sh*t before Europe.

true stories.... the arrogance of these crackers amaze me.....while they eulogise over the advances of the ancient Rome and Greek empires they dedicate all their resources in trying to prove that the pyramids were built by aliens and if not then the Eqyptians who built them were not black... <_<

Allow the racism. But saying this, the info the Greeks & Romans had were from the mother land. That's why I always tell people not to fall in this trap. Also, I find it hard why some black people hate africa or at least don't acknowledge they originate from there.

Anyway, back on topic.

do you ever think, that when lookin for aliens we just aint doing it right?

like what if because theyre from somewhere else they operate on a frequency we cant hear and on a spectrum we can see or detect?

like what if they are all around us, but we just dont know because we dont have a way to see or hear them

whenever im bored i always think of sh*t like this

dunno y this got pos'd cos LOL at thinkin they havent done it right. they know where they are and probably communicate with them

via their magical juju powers init.

na it got pos'd cos its true humans dont know everything

c this is when i dont like u

did u think u were being clever/funny here?

ur tryna tell me tht if there are aliens that the powerful governments of the world (usa in particular) know nothing about them?

Dave is saying that we look for life in forms we recognise as life, aliens could be so abstract we'd look right over them. AND if they did fit the human preconception of being alive, and were advanced enough to get here, i imagine we'd only know about it if they wanted us to.

Guest Awesome Kong

Who knows about time slip? its a phenomenon in which people go back in time without knowing it. Happened to a few british people who went to cornwall and ended up in the 17th century, it was documentated on Strange but true years ago.

Care to share info?