What's the difference between aftershave and eau de toilette?

Mr. Gayle

eae du toliette is more concentrated than aftershave, the smell lasts longer which is why it is more expensive...it is soley designed as a scent

aftershave contains alcohol and is designed to be splashed on your face after you shave in order to combat shaving bumps (doesnt work imo)

Guest Esquilax

sh*t, I nearly replied to that one, I was moments away from being leNched.

Take your life and run like the wind, Lemons

Run like the wind...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest WAVESURFER

Eau De Parfum is the purest/strongest kind, this is the stuff where you'll just splash on a coupla drops.

Eau De Toilette is the watered down (less strong) version of the scent, usually this is what you'll spray on.

Eau De Cologne is the weakest stuff, with the most alcohol in it (which I think is what yr meaning by aftershave).

I think that's the main classifications.

• Upvote 2

Eau De Parfum is the purest/strongest kind, this is the stuff where you'll just splash on a coupla drops.

Eau De Toilette is the watered down (less strong) version of the scent, usually this is what you'll spray on.

Eau De Cologne is the weakest stuff, with the most alcohol in it (which I think is what yr meaning by aftershave).

I think that's the main classifications.

basically.

There are a few more strenght variations between Eau de cologne and Eau de Parfum, but those are the main 3