Your faith is dumb and I don't much care for it.

Guest Esquilax

Guest Esquilax

Was having a heated debate with a certain user about what I saw on the news

Basically Muslim parents are taking their kids out of music classes (a national curriculum requirement) for what seems to be no reason, "Blackening their hearts" one pamphlet said

The user in question said it doesn't matter why they want to remove their children, just that their reasons of belief and it being against their faith is enough.

Naturally I disagree and think this is bullshit

What do you think

DISCLAIMER: Could be anyone of any faith, Sikh, Hindu, Nazi etc etc

• Downvote 1

Would need to see the news story before i could form an opinion 2bh

/

Although on second thoughts, and this is without knowing the full story, unless the child is being removed from music lessons because they are falling behind in more important subjects, then i think its wrong. Yea fair enough music isnt important unless you choose to take it into further education or whatever, but everyone else has to do it, why be so f*ck*ng awkward?

It's not all muslim parents, just the 'extremists' :rolleyes:

If those 'extremists' don't want their kids in a dangerous subject like music, then they should have to wait 'til it's no longer compulsory.

Doubt the less 'radical' families care.

/

R.E. is laughing it up right now

• Upvote 1

i cant comprehend not being allowed to do music, but if thats what they wanna do, then its not really gna hold them back in school

at christmas time in primary school me an my jehovas witness bredrin an my rasta bredrin never used to partake in any christmas music lessons, carol singing etc

Guest TimeBomb

didnt even bother reading afgoons nonsense.

i dont think muslims should be pulled out of lessons, i think its important to educate yourself in all areas even if its adverse to your religion, cos it will allow u to make a better judgement on things.

On the other hand jews have segregated themselves and no one seems to make a fuss about it.

I'm more concerned with the fact French was compulsary in school, Even when we reached Year 9-11 we still had to do that sh*t for GCSE.

Why?! I think languages should be compulsory from early.

Its so silly that there is the attitude that everyone knows English so we shouldn't bother with it. Pretty sure most other European countries they learn English.

• Upvote 1

another thing i f*ckin hate faith schoools

never met a person who went 2 one of these who wasnt self absorbed in his own shitty religion

jew muslim ccatholics

cunts to a man

i went to a roman catholic comprehensive

and music should be compulsory, pulling r kids out of it is ridiculous, a lot of music is maths as well.

I'm more concerned with the fact French was compulsary in school, Even when we reached Year 9-11 we still had to do that sh*t for GCSE.

Why?! I think languages should be compulsory from early.

Its so silly that there is the attitude that everyone knows English so we shouldn't bother with it. Pretty sure most other European countries they learn English.

C/S

And in other countries they learn other languages from primary school which makes it a lot easier to grasp.