The official Man city transfer thread

Admin.

Manchester City’s new signing Mario Balotelli has been involved in a car crash, the police confirmed on Saturday.

The 20-year-old Italian, who has recently joined Eastlands in a £25 million deal from Inter, was driving in his Audi A8 when it collided with a BMW in Manchester.

Balotelli was uninjured in the car crash which happened on Saturday morning, but was breathalysed under the standard practice.

The police were called to the scene in Chester Road, Hulme and spoke to the City striker as well as the driver of the BMW but have since revealed they will not be investigating further.

"At 9.45am today we were called to Chester Road in Hulme to reports of a two-car collision," a spokesperson for the Greater Manchester Police said.

"Officers attended and found a black BMW had been in collision with an Audi A8.

"Nobody was injured. Both cars were damaged and removed from the scene."

Manchester City’s new signing Mario Balotelli has been involved in a car crash, the police confirmed on Saturday.

The 20-year-old Italian, who has recently joined Eastlands in a £25 million deal from Inter, was driving in his Audi A8 when it collided with a BMW in Manchester.

Balotelli was uninjured in the car crash which happened on Saturday morning, but was breathalysed under the standard practice.

The police were called to the scene in Chester Road, Hulme and spoke to the City striker as well as the driver of the BMW but have since revealed they will not be investigating further.

"At 9.45am today we were called to Chester Road in Hulme to reports of a two-car collision," a spokesperson for the Greater Manchester Police said.

"Officers attended and found a black BMW had been in collision with an Audi A8.

"Nobody was injured. Both cars were damaged and removed from the scene."

balotelli_smash_21__144341a.jpg

• 2 months later...
Emmanuel Adebayor claims that Juventus have agreed a deal to take him from Manchester City when the transfer window opens.

The 26-year-old striker has cut a forlorn figure this season as he has failed to earn a regular place in Roberto Mancini's starting line-up.

Rumours of a bust-up between the pair have been played down in the past but he has now expressed his intention to leave.

Adebayor made the switch to Eastlands from Arsenal in July 2009 for a fee thought to be in region of £25million, but has only started six games so far this season - just two in the Premier League.

And Adebayor has now publicly aired his frustration, saying he will try and engineer a move this winter.

He told Sport/Foot Magazine: "I don't know what I did wrong to Roberto Mancini, but he never makes me play.

"I'm going to change air during the transfer window in January.

"And I can tell you that City has already reached an agreement with Juventus for a loan.

"I therefore expect to be able to leave in December."

Adebayor has often been linked with a move to Italian outfit Juve, where he would link up with manager Luigi Del Neri.

However, one potential snag to the deal could be the fact that the Old Lady already have one non-EU player in their squad in the form of Serbian Milos Krasic.

Serie A quota rules prevent Italian clubs signing more than one player from outside the EU, thus leaving former Togo international Adebayor unable to link up with the 27-time champions.

Sky Sports

• 3 years later...