Flats/Houses in London

Guest M12

Guest Yilmaz

alright safe for the advice u man!

atm im leaning towards finding a bargain and sticking to a 650 budget or just living somewhere like Stevenage, Bushey, Hithcin or Watford and commuting.

Fam, them places are far and commuting could be a bump. Use the PM system and I'll try helping you out if you want. I'm very good at this sort of thing.

Where do you live now, if you don't mind saying? Have you ever thought about just moving to a nicer part of the borough?

I'm in CR0 right now. It's cool, don't get me wrong, and there decent parts, but I just need a different setting, lived in South LDN for 17 years of my life.

Thinking of Islington, got a couple friends interested in getting a place.

Oh yeah M12, always look for all-inclusive places (bills, council tax etc). They ain't easy to find, but like Sagat said, spend a generou amount of time searching and familiarising urself with what you want, and you'll find some good deals.

Trust me. Paying that all seperately rent and tax alone is a EAT.

Water, gas, electric, luxury bills (TV Licence will be at your door within a WEEK), Internet, mobile phone, shopping.

I'd suggest a solid 6 weeks to 2 months hunting.

Kane, believe you me, stay put for now, but LOOK. And I MEAN 'LOOK'. If I had the choice to stay at home, firm the noise and headache from Mumsie and save, I would have.

*Edit: Trust me when I say South is probably the cheapest side of LDN. :lol:

Guest Yilmaz

Oh yeah M12, always look for all-inclusive places (bills, council tax etc). They ain't easy to find, but like Sagat said, spend a generou amount of time searching and familiarising urself with what you want, and you'll find some good deals.

Water, gas, electric, luxury bills (TV Licence will be at your door within a WEEK), Internet, mobile phone, shopping.

Kane, believe you me, stay put for now, but LOOK. And I MEAN 'LOOK'. If I had the choice to stay at home, firm the noise and headache from Mumsie and save, I would have.

All solid advice imo.

You contradicting mothafuker, lol. I remember you trying to convince me moving out was the thing fam not so long ago.

I'm expecting to be a situation within the next 9-12 months where staying in & saving isn't 'necessary' anyway, and I won't be looking to move till graduation next year anyway, so yeaaaaah....

And yeah, South LDN is the cheapest, I do agree. If I stay in South, it's Brixton/Clapham TBH.

Guest Yilmaz

I would say east london (in boroughs like Tower Hamlets (outer) and Newham (not Stratford though)) are just as cheap as south.

But yeah, it's south and east that are the cheapest mainly because of weak travel links.

You contradicting mothafuker, lol. I remember you trying to convince me moving out was the thing fam not so long ago.

I'm expecting to be a situation within the next 9-12 months where staying in & saving isn't 'necessary' anyway, and I won't be looking to move till graduation next year anyway, so yeaaaaah....

And yeah, South LDN is the cheapest, I do agree. If I stay in South, it's Brixton/Clapham TBH.

Without putting my ish on blast, concerning my yard, someone would have ended up dead, and the other in prison. Now I'm sure yours isn't THAT bad.

*Edit: Good GRIEF :lol: @ voluntarily living in Newham.

• Downvote 1

lol @ renting

biggest waste of money imo

stay home if anything give your mum some p for the mortgage if it aint paid off etc

paying 12k a year on renting a decent place and most students on 18k a year if u drive insurance another 2k gone petrol not to sure say around 5bills? buying new clothes? foods? clubbing? travel?

no thanks

Plenty of nice areas in South LDN you aint looking properly, and taking into account how much time you will actually spend in the area. Your not gonna be jammin on road, will be driving so how much of the area will you acyually see/interact with

Guest Yilmaz

Unless you're moving out for a proper reason other than your Mum getting on your nerves, moving out is just not financially/emotionally/temporally +EV in any situation, unless you're going to be substituting your Mum's house for one in which the environment is better (i.e. with someone/a place you feel very comfortable with) and you're paying nothing/the same as you did at home.

Stay at home unless you have good reason (career, studies) not to.

• Upvote 2

Unless you're moving out for a proper reason other than your Mum getting on your nerves, moving out is just not financially/emotionally/temporally +EV in any situation, unless you're going to be substituting your Mum's house for one in which the environment is better (i.e. with someone/a place you feel very comfortable with) and you're paying nothing/the same as you did at home.

Stay at home unless you have good reason (career, studies) not to.

This is the most sensible and realistic advice you will read in here.

Unfortunately for at least half of us, the parents ting is the number 1 reason most move out.

Vex that I didn't get to stack and put something behind me.

Guest Triple XXX

when i moved out it was kinda hard, but i had help anyways. its a headache

lookin to move again next year after ive been in this place for 12 month which should be around April bt its long

lol @ renting

biggest waste of money imo

stay home if anything give your mum some p for the mortgage if it aint paid off etc

paying 12k a year on renting a decent place and most students on 18k a year if u drive insurance another 2k gone petrol not to sure say around 5bills? buying new clothes? foods? clubbing? travel?

no thanks

While there is truth in what your saying, with owning your own house comes huge responsibility you are solely responsible for everything, maintance etc. Some people don't realise that a house has to be kept, theres always things needing done, painting, keeping your guttering clear of leafs etc, When theres a problem you can't just ring up your landlord to fix it, its up to you to sort it and pay for it, so theres alot to think about. Its up to the individual to way up the pros and cons. I know people who have said they don't want to own their own house because its too much hassle when things go wrong, I can see their point.

No offence E.A.S.E i have zero qualms with you but honestly, i do not think anybody is gonna read a sentenance over one line. Jus a word of warning.

Eskay, I put full stops in quite a few can't you see them?

<Lil confused - but It's cool. I was only contributing if people don't feel its worth a read well heyho. We can only try> :)