Parental restrictions

VENI VIDI VICI

firstly i'm one of dem guys who don't give two shits about what people think about wat i do or don't but when it comes to my paps & mumzy i do, to the point that i'm shook to do anything that may upset thembare things i've wanted to jus do for the f*ck of it, jus to experience it, jus for da rush etc like getting paralytically drank, blowing bags on dumbness, travelling on my ones around da world, starting my own business instead being in da family one etc but i always seem to just allow it at the last minute, da general disappointment/i told u not to do such & such 4rm my parents would be alot & wud leave me so hurtmy boys parents know & fully c/sign him shotting/gettin up to f*ckries on road, now my parents wud not have any of it, they'd probably call feds on memy parents are hardcore african ones so i'm sure some of you know wat time it is wat u lots experiences if any?

Guest Triple XXX

i dont generally want to do f*ckery so im nice on that pointbut when it comes to girls n sh*t i dont think ive been with one chick i could introduce to my mum, says sutin about my standards than anything thoughso yea i need to step my game up, but im not into f*ckery like shottin n road hype

I hate when i hear about mothers not minding their sons living that 'road life' cos when Jermaine gets murdered all of a sudden its "our jay was a good boy, didnt do anything to hurt anyone" yadda yadda yadda!
its true/at these ages noone should really have parental restrictions, but out of respect for your parents i understand them still being there.

I hate when i hear about mothers not minding their sons living that 'road life' cos when Jermaine gets murdered all of a sudden its "our jay was a good boy, didnt do anything to hurt anyone" yadda yadda yadda!
trussi wont lie, i get emotional when i hear dat shitstfu about he was a good boy

everyone looks back on things with rose tinted glasses, specially things that are uncomfortable to deal withThese mothers are grieving, not every mum that says her some was a good boy knew what her son was doinother times the yout my be taking care of his family through the road lifedoubt there are many mothers who actually condone that kind of livity, for the fear alone that they will have to bury their own childshit just happensthose mums who kick their sons out, aren't helping them

its true/at these ages noone should really have parental restrictions, but out of respect for your parents i understand them still being there.
i know it shouldn't be like that but I swear down i can't get them out of my head/heart, i'm beginning to think i'll never break out of their expectationswhenever i go to do something i know they won't like/approve of i get that drop feeling you get when you drive fast over a hill & i jus allow it

everyone looks back on things with rose tinted glasses, specially things that are uncomfortable to deal withThese mothers are grieving, not every mum that says her some was a good boy knew what her son was doinother times the yout my be taking care of his family through the road lifedoubt there are many mothers who actually condone that kind of livity, for the fear alone that they will have to bury their own childshit just happensthose mums who kick their sons out, aren't helping them
yes they are, without including my boy, i know of 5 others who's parent/parents fully know what jay's up toand i'm sure plenty other ppl here know to

I hear what ur saying smaddy. I am talking about those mums who do know.I've spoken about him loads of time bt my old neighbour he used to shott and have all kina unsavoury characters cme to his house. Ppl tried to lick off his door, shot after him etc etcBut seemed like she didn't mind. He was about 23 and really if he wanted to live a life like tht shud have enuff respect to leave his mums house.

Its not just about "what will my parents think" as much as i know no matter what I do my parents will always love me, I dont want them to be dissapointed in me nor my grandparents, both my parents are understanding and would be there for me no matter what but the thought alone of the dissapointment in my families, especially my fathers eyes if he knew I was up to ilegal activities would be so devistating to me. Thats enough for me to not want to do things that I know would hurt my family. Not just because I respect them but because I love them too.Agree with what JLovely saying recently know a guy who was murdered, his family are all like "georgie was a wonderful man blah blah blah"... I beg your pardon? Your son was involved in the murder of his so called best friend, involved in four other murders, been done countless times for GBH, is a known heroin dealer, loves to fight has no front teeth because hes a head banger and your tryin to tell me hes a good guy. I know he aint a good guy, he dated my friends lil sis for four yrs, when enough was finally enough he terrorised her little 15yr old brother with his crownies and hes 30. Good guy?.......Faaaaaaaaak offfff!

• Downvote 2

yes they are, without including my boy, i know of 5 others who's parent/parents fully know what jay's up toand i'm sure plenty other ppl here know to
A younger I know is pushing stupid amounts of white, his mom knows and I swear shes on it aswell. Generally think she doesn't care because shes taken care of/

Guest Lemons

Was talking to my mum about this the other day, she just said I'd never shown them anything other than respect so that's how they treated me.Brap.

• Upvote 4

Guest M12 Part 2

My parents are bless with certain issues but at the same time i do try to respect them on certain issues./In regards to the first post though, being scared to start a business or travel round the world cos of what your parents would say is weak IMO.There are always things that you will bump heads on just because of issues between the different generations. In their day for example owning a website wouldnt be seen as a way you could make money to support yourself. But plenty of people do that today and are rich from it. Just because your parents dont believe in something or say its wrong doesnt mean its true. People believe everything their parents say is absolute but its not. It all boils down to listening and then doing your own research. If you have done your own research and know that your business could succeed, you're a fool if you turn down that opportunity to make money just because your mum said no.One of my teachers at school her parents told her uni was a waste of time and she should get a job as a cashier in their local store because she'd have a guaranteed job for life until she found a man she could marry. She went against them to go to uni and they actually disowned her for a good 4/5 years. Fast forward 20 years and the "local store" (Woolworths) doesnt exist anymore and shes a well paid teacher with her own house and kids. Now they look back and laugh about it but if she was weak minded and just followed what her parents said, her life would be very different now.At the end of the day if you sacrifice your own life to keep your parents happy. Its only you it affects. Their life is already decided, do you really wanna waste yours?

• Upvote 5

My parents are bless with certain issues but at the same time i do try to respect them on certain issues./In regards to the first post though, being scared to start a business or travel round the world cos of what your parents would say is weak IMO.There are always things that you will bump heads on just because of issues between the different generations. In their day for example owning a website wouldnt be seen as a way you could make money to support yourself. But plenty of people do that today and are rich from it. Just because your parents dont believe in something or say its wrong doesnt mean its true. People believe everything their parents say is absolute but its not. It all boils down to listening and then doing your own research. If you have done your own research and know that your business could succeed, you're a fool if you turn down that opportunity to make money just because your mum said no.One of my teachers at school her parents told her uni was a waste of time and she should get a job as a cashier in their local store because she'd have a guaranteed job for life until she found a man she could marry. She went against them to go to uni and they actually disowned her for a good 4/5 years. Fast forward 20 years and the "local store" (Woolworths) doesnt exist anymore and shes a well paid teacher with her own house and kids. Now they look back and laugh about it but if she was weak minded and just followed what her parents said, her life would be very different now.At the end of the day if you sacrifice your own life to keep your parents happy. Its only you it affects. Their life is already decided, do you really wanna waste yours?
I was just about to type something so much like thisc/s every word. nail on head

Guest Awesome Kong
I was just about to type something so much like thisc/s every word. nail on head
+ why would your parents be angry/upset/dissapointed about starting a business or travelling? That's a smh situation. If anything they should push you into doing what YOU want to do.

m12 wat r u talkin about? f*ck off with dat weak talkmy family has had a family insurance business which is now 4 generations deep, i'm expected to step up, infact i'm next in line to run sh*t, its been past on & on for yearsi'm not wasting my life, i'm good tbh but i just want to experience other things which conflicts with current family affairsu lot probably won't understand generational family business expectations

• Downvote 2

I wasn't ever restricted per se, but my step-dad wouldn't understand my aspirations when I told him I wanted to get into music.He believed my strengths were in IT/Maths/Law & all that sh*t. Typical African sh*t. I guess he wanted me to be the 'foundation' of this generation considering I was the oldest. Plus, he believed I was scatter-brained when it came to goals & it took me time to realize them or whatever. He wasn't totally wrong TBH.On a personal level, my parents thought I was a disrespectful f*cker. Culture clash TBH, I was never raised in a 'strict African' manner but they expected that kind of obedience, discipline, etc. I've had a bullshit detector ever since I could remember & I'd always challenge them if I genuinely thought I was right.Before my step-dad died, we were good but the madness we had prior to that period, boy. Regrets can be a mothaf*cker so one thing I try to maintain is a decent relationship with the madre still, but sometimes.....

• Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2
m12 wat r u talkin about? f*ck off with dat weak talkmy family has had a family insurance business which is now 4 generations deep, i'm expected to step up, infact i'm next in line to run sh*t, its been past on & on for yearsi'm not wasting my life, i'm good tbh but i just want to experience other things which conflicts with current family affairsu lot probably won't understand generational family business expectations
LOL bro you can dress it up all you like. it is weak because you're scared to live your own life. It dont matter if your dad is Bill Gates and wants you to take over Microsoft or Sanjay who owns the local corner shop.

Guest M12 Part 2
I've had a bullshit detector ever since I could remember & I'd always challenge them if I genuinely thought I was right.
This was same with me and tbh its one of my strengths and im glad it wasnt beaten out of me like most african parents manage to do.Whenever I was told you do something this way. Id always be like why its better/faster to do it this way or telling my parents that what they were teling me or the way they were doing things didnt make sense.The main one i remember was my dad tryna discourage me from being so focussed on football. He said stay in school go to uni you can earn the same money and be just as happy doing something else you enjoy. My response was you went to uni why arent u rich then? I caught the swiftest box to my 12 year old head.