Tax

Bardissimo

basically i just looked at my account and i've been paid the full amount, no deductions for tax or anything.

i'm 19 but still in full time education and i earn under the 12k threshold (part time)

does this mean i'm exempt from tax, and if i WAS taxed previously, how do i claim it back?

safe

You dont start paying tax untill you have earned a certain amount of money

/

If you was taxed before and you think its wrong, look on your payslip for your payroll dept, ring them and ask for the tax office they use, ring the tax office and advise them yuo feel you have taxed incorrectly, they will check your tax code and if you are right they will advise you on how to reclaim it or your next few wages wont be taxed and you will get a higher net income

• Upvote 2

Guest Triple XXX

super n00b

but is the tax paid directly by ur employer or do you have to pay tit like once a year out of what ur paid?

and whats the threshold

Guest Triple XXX

super n00b

but is the tax paid directly by ur employer or do you have to pay tit like once a year out of what ur paid?

and whats the threshold

its gone when u get ur payslip

scene

thanks

super n00b

and whats the threshold

Multiply the number in your tax code by ten, you get the total amount of income you can earn in a year before paying tax

• Downvote 1

Guest Triple XXX

super n00b

and whats the threshold

Multiply the number in your tax code by ten, you get the total amount of income you can earn in a year before paying tax

i see

spaciba

tax man bumped me hard,

I'm a fulltime student, when i left my old job I didn't get my p45 for abit, so had to fill out some next form at my new job

anyway payday rolls through, look my payslip and see i got taxed hard, emergency tax and all that.

i spoke to IR they said i could claim it back when my p60 comes around.

eventually get it and what do i see £12 is all they will refund, :/ WTF

CUNTS. they owe me a bill something.

haven't even bothered with £12

Yeh it is, it's around 6 and a half, but is due to go up by a grand.

/

I've got 2 jobs, 1 of my jobs is taxed at the normal rate but 1 is taxed under the emergency code, is that normal? 1 guy at my work said thats how it is and that I can swap them around but I can't see it making much difference.

Guest El Padrino

Yeh it is, it's around 6 and a half, but is due to go up by a grand.

/

I've got 2 jobs, 1 of my jobs is taxed at the normal rate but 1 is taxed under the emergency code, is that normal? 1 guy at my work said thats how it is and that I can swap them around but I can't see it making much difference.

Yes it's normal. How much is the 1st job paying in comparison to the 2nd one?

There's a possibilty of getting your allowances split between the two but it's a headache and easier to just get the BR 22% on one as it is now.

Yeh just did some checking on the HM Revenue & Customs site, apparently I can claim any allowance that hasn't been used up by my first job on my second job and can claim up to 5 years back. If my rough 30 second calculations are correct then i'm looking at around 4 grand over the last 2 years, gonna get on the phone to them tomorrow.

/

Also earlier this year for a month I did some freelance work and invoiced the company for the money which got paid straight into my account without any tax or NI being deducted from it, is there anyway they can know about this? Not about calling them looking for a rebate and them turning around and saying I owe them.

we all have a tax free allowance which is currently about the first 5000 pounds of your annual earnings which are exempt from income tax

you can claim a tax rebate for the last 5 or 6 financial years

on the phone they told me you can call any tax office now but you can find your local tax office here:

http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/hmrc/locator/locator.jsp?type=1

(its not a rick roll but i was tempted)

5000 was about 7 years ago, and it goes up every year with inflation, I'd chose to believe its what Green Lanes said tbh.

it wasnt that long ago

each time you get a letter with your tax code on it, it says what your allowance is

maybe it varies from person to person

• 1 month later...

Forgot to say I called them a month back and got just under a grand back for the last year.

Also...

Nearly six million people in the UK have paid the wrong amount of tax.

About £2bn was underpaid via the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) system in the past two years, with about 1.4 million people owing an average of £1,500 each.

But £1.8bn has also been overpaid and some 4.3 million people will get a rebate because they have paid too much.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11186397