Clarks Sales rising due to Vybz

Mr. Gayle

No not Marcus lol, but Vybz Kartel

)

The rapper released his single ‘Clarks’ earlier this year with the cover carrying pictures of his favourite shoes – Wallabees, DesertBoots and Desert Treks.

The rap features the catchy chorus line ‘Everybody haffi ask weh mi get mi Clarks’ and even has lyrics about the Queen wearing them.

Since then sales of the footwear have soared on the Caribbean island, with prices doubling and thieves targeting shops which stock them.

Clarks, ‘sensible’ shoes made by a 185-year-old family company from Street, Somerset, enjoyed a similar boom in 1997 when Noel and Liam Gallagher wore Desert Treks.

Kartel, 34, real name Adijah Palmer, has revealed that Clarks are deeply ingrained in Jamaican culture and that he has over 50 pairs.

He said: ‘Clarks is as much a part of Jamaican culture as saltfish and roast breadfruit, I swear to you.

‘Policemen wear it, gangsters wear it. Big men wear it to their work. Schoolchildren wear it to school.’

Dancehall and reggae artist Kartel from west London became a big star in his native Kingston, Jamaica, after releasing the song in March.

The song became so popular that shoe shops in Jamaica doubled their prices from $6,000 (Jamaican Dollars) to over $10,000 – the equivalent of £78.42 a pair.

Police arrested two men who stole more than $2million of Clarks shoes from shops in Linstead, Jamaica.

Michael Borge, marketing director for Clarks in North America, confirmed the increased demand.

REAL BADMAN NUH MODEL IN NUH SHARTS

big tune

read this in the metro this morning. they have almost doubled the prices haha and people are trying to rob stores etc coz demand in so high

That's exactly what the opening post said you druggie.

• Upvote 1

It's nust how fashion always comes back around.

I remember being young and no one would be seen dead in wallabees. Then around 1998-99,2000 EVERYONE had to have a pair in secondary. But too many yutes were coming with some market fake and boog styles like below

The-Tannery-Clarks-Wallabees_89F57DA4.jpg

clarks-wallabee-rusty-staples-00.jpg

clarks-ss-2010-19.jpg

So then wallabees basically turned into Evisu/Ed Hardy/Valentino. Now 10 years later I'm seeing teenage yutes rocking them again.

Guest Wheres Barry

lol just got back from barbers aswell, was cracking up when i saw this poster on the wall

36232_10150228638765433_234714655432_13257396_4647460_n.jpg

lol i remember around 99 times when i was the first one to buss my suade wallies to school, i got cussed....

needless to say 1 month later everyone was rocking them....

lol i remember around 99 times when i was the first one to buss my suade wallies to school, i got cussed....

needless to say 1 month later everyone was rocking them....

C/S

Loved my black suede wallabees. Back in 2000 times most Liverpool man were still rocking Rockport to school, I had the clarks on lock.

Just came back from yard last week, everyone man and his dog had clarks on.

SMH

Clarks

i would never reach a rave where there is a clarks logo, i despise that logo

hate it because my mum and dad made me buy my shoes there until i was copping my own

i wana go first sport nah nah clarks only, i want the flashing lights nah nah cheap ting only, why you want lights on your shoes? no nikes just niks

needless to say they are both domeless on the sofa downstairs right now

f*ck*ng take me clarks again, just try it

I remember being young and no one would be seen dead in wallabees. Then around 1998-99,2000 EVERYONE had to have a pair in secondary. But too many yutes were coming with some market fake and boog styles like below

Trust, I remember everyone use to rock the ones from Shelly's, came in about 20 different colours.

I bought a pair of black suede wallabees for like £30 off the Clarks site in January for nostalgia, didn't even know they are supposedly coming back.