Police stripped of stop and search terror powers

Mr. Gayle

The controversial use of counter-terrorism stop and search powers will be subjected to stricter conditions, Home Secretary Theresa May said today.

Police will not be allowed to use the powers to stop and search individuals unless they 'reasonably suspect' them of being a terrorist, she said.

The change follows a European Court of Human Rights judgement last month which ruled the power to search people without suspicion under Section 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000 was illegal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293119/Police-stripped-stop-search-terror-powers-victory-civil-liberties.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0t5mJQYRl

I know what u guys are saying it won't make a massive difference but its a step in the right direction - better than the opposite

I was a victim of this bullshit. Hi guys we would just like to look inside your bag - like they have the right to inspect anyones belongs at their leisure.

Its like them saying - you look so muxh like a suicidal terrorist that we want to make sure you aren't carrying explosives. But when its clear you aren't a terrorist it just turns into a regular search.

The scummy transport police did this and found weed on me. Tried to take it to court but the case got thrown out.

Cunts.

• Upvote 1

This is actually a step in the WRONG direction. By making it seem like they have rewritten the law they can put complaints down to individual cases of abuses instead of the flagrant law-permitting disregard of people's human rights that it actually is.

I see what your saying but keeping the old bullshit law isn't really gonna benefit anyone

Im sure they will just start using the drugs one or they got reports of a disturbance, or the other reasons & laws these cunts have at their disposal.

Has anyone been stopped under terrorism act?

Yes. Central station glasgow under section 44.

Me and 2 mates, out of 3 of us we had 2 backpacks 1 had a football and boots in it the other a laptop

It was a joke the guy didn't know what to do with my laptop he was like 'can you open it?" Didn't even ask me 2 switch it on blatantly just winged it and hoped it didn't explode in his f*ckin face

jus rewording it making it look liek theyre doin something

pricks

I know, remember when they decided to "revise" form 696 because it was unfair? instead of it being a form where you state the ethnicity of audience, it went to being a form where you just state the genre of the music, like say one doesn't imply the other