F.A.O. Working Man

Sinister

Been going gym solidly for 2 months now doing the 5x5 routine.But I've come to realise the most unproductive part of my day is work, especially for meals.End up either having no lunch or lunch at f*cked up parts of the day and no snacks.How do you plan meals around work, what's your routine?

try and have a big breakfast so you dont get hungry till later, then have a light lunch Then when u get back to the endz cook something healthy.
sh*t advice. You need to be eating like 5-6 meals, not 3 big ones.Basically, you can't rely on being able to leave work and buy food. Everything you eat needs to be purchased before work and brought in. Whether that be sandwiches, whatever. That way you can eat at your desk while you work. Eventually the people at work get used to the fact you're always eating.

try and have a big breakfast so you dont get hungry till later, then have a light lunch Then when u get back to the endz cook something healthy.
sh*t advice. You need to be eating like 5-6 meals, not 3 big ones.Basically, you can't rely on being able to leave work and buy food. Everything you eat needs to be purchased before work and brought in. Whether that be sandwiches, whatever. That way you can eat at your desk while you work. Eventually the people at work get used to the fact you're always eating.
Already had them random statements like "swear you're always eating".I bulk buy loads of multipack stuff and keep it locked in my drawers, trying to do smaller meals now more frequently.Foods just too f*ck*ng expensive, especially the better quality stuff, end up spending like £40 a week on lunches and snacks alone.

6:30AM: WAKE6:40AM: RUN 2-4 MILES7:30AM: LEAVE FOR WORK9:00AM: ARRIVE WORK, EAT OATMEAL 12:00: TUNA SANDWICH ON WHOLEGRAIN W SALAD3:00PM: FRUIT OR NUTS5:00PM: FRUIT OR NUTS5:30PM: BOXING7:00PM: DRINK ELECTROLYTE OR SMOOTHIE W PROTEIN9:00PM: SUSHI OR TUNA W WHOLEGRAIN PASTA11:30PM: SLEEPBare in mind the following:I am not trying to build muscle. I am trying to make a certain weight which is roughly 10 lb's below my natural body weight but at the same time maintain strength and stamina. As a result I am in a calorific deficit and running alot more than you would need to if you were trying to build up muscle. However I am also able to lose weight very quickly and have done this long enough to know what to do and what works for me. If any of you out there want to lose weight then follow the above and even if you are at work having problems with nutrition, if i can do it you can do it. the trick is to make sure you constantly drink water and eat correctly throughout the week. Don't have "cheat days" cause these turn into "cheat weekends" and avoid alchohol if you can. alchohol whilst being high in calories (beer especially) and unhealthy has a myriad of side effects the worst of which is loss of self control which makes you give into cravings for high carb high cal unhealthy foods such as pizza, kebabs, burgers and fried chicken.master ur brain and ur body will follow.

• Upvote 2

6:30AM: WAKE6:40AM: RUN 2-4 MILES7:30AM: LEAVE FOR WORK9:00AM: ARRIVE WORK, EAT OATMEAL 12:00: TUNA SANDWICH ON WHOLEGRAIN W SALAD3:00PM: FRUIT OR NUTS5:00PM: FRUIT OR NUTS5:30PM: BOXING7:00PM: DRINK ELECTROLYTE OR SMOOTHIE W PROTEIN9:00PM: SUSHI OR TUNA W WHOLEGRAIN PASTA11:30PM: SLEEPBare in mind the following:I am not trying to build muscle. I am trying to make a certain weight which is roughly 10 lb's below my natural body weight but at the same time maintain strength and stamina. As a result I am in a calorific deficit and running alot more than you would need to if you were trying to build up muscle. However I am also able to lose weight very quickly and have done this long enough to know what to do and what works for me. If any of you out there want to lose weight then follow the above and even if you are at work having problems with nutrition, if i can do it you can do it. the trick is to make sure you constantly drink water and eat correctly throughout the week. Don't have "cheat days" cause these turn into "cheat weekends" and avoid alchohol if you can. alchohol whilst being high in calories (beer especially) and unhealthy has a myriad of side effects the worst of which is loss of self control which makes you give into cravings for high carb high cal unhealthy foods such as pizza, kebabs, burgers and fried chicken.master ur brain and ur body will follow.
you commute for an hour and a half? pissed
  • Upvote 1

i dont work the 9-5 thing but its really all about planning. as dedicated you are to working out, so you should be in eating, which also means planning TO eat. if you dont want to buy readymade stuff then you have to prepare most food at home. ideally, plan your meals for the whole week. take bread rolls, and tuna pate, this can be made in 1minute in your office canteen or kitchen. Nuts should also be your best friend, a handful and an apple OR a probiotic yoghurt is enough to be your mid lunch/post lunch snack. again all consumed and prepared within 3 minutes. plain flapjacks (not the shitty granola "breakfast" bars that have tonnes of sugar) are also good snacks. meal replacement packs are good, but can get expensive too so food is far better