So Have You Enjoyed The World Cup?

MrJibbles

Yes I know it isn't over but now is a good time to ask "Have you enjoyed this World Cup?"

For me it did start off slow with a "We don't want to lose" attitude, not much attacking free flowing football like we thought there would be but as the 2nd round kicked in then it started to liven up, saw some good attacking football and solid defensive displays with teams 2 holding men really starting to shine. As the World Cup for me went on it become more apparent this is more for us the fans of football than the typical casual football fan from the players and tactics.

Not sure how many of you will agree with me but I was in a way quite pleased players like Ronaldo, Kaka, Rooney, Drogba etc didn't actually put on this "amazing" display like many thought they would, it was the chance for players who were just below that top bracket now breaking the glass ceiling saying "This is my time" David Villa the prime example, he is world class we know that but now to them casual fans he has shown it and proved it.

The crash of England, Italy and France...... BRILLIANT! Now they have the chance to sort themselves out.

North Korea I give credit to for at least trying.

Brazil, well it's a shame but this a totally different Brazil to what we are use to over the years.

Germany prob my team of the WC, some fantastic football and now the new Germany. Take a leaf out of Spain's book

Vuvuzela's something different and could piss me off to the max but it's different. Times it really did kill the atmosphere but I am thankful they killed off the England band :Y:

Is this the best World Cup ever I've seen? No, but it's been a good one. There's more to football than big score wins, loads of goals and "world class" players doing amazing things, a good tactical battle is as fun and enjoyable seeing who can suss out each other, Spain and Germany is a good example, what a game.

BBC and ITV let's not get started, only a couple pundits come out with kudos, Talksport have had excellent coverage for this World Cup all be it the phone in shows have been rather funny just hearing fans tear into England and go mad,

Note: In a rush so have had to type this one out quickly.

Good World Cup, although from 94 (since I've been watching) I'd say it's my least favourite.

Both finalists have hardly been amazing, only Germany have had special performances.

No real big stories, South Africa did well but were unfortunate, Ghana did brilliantly but were unfortunate. Uruguay were close to doing something special. Brazil went out with a wimper, so did England, Italy, Ivory Coast and Portugal without showing their best form. Shame really.

Glad we've got a new World Cup winner though.

dunno if its being 4 years older and wiser but its the first time ive seen tactics play such a significant role in a wc. watching this wc has made me regain my appetite for fm.

apart from that i enjoyed the black stars run and germanys performances. the humilations of england/italy/france were funny as well. other african teams were disappointing though.

Good WC all-round. It's a shame that the likes of England, France & Italy didn't show up, but only makes for an even more interesting international tournament next time round if changes come...

I don't see why people say they didn't enjoy it as much as the one's in '98, '02 & arguably '06, because likelihood is, you weren't watching it with the expecations & analytical perspective you're watching this year's one with.

No point comparing.

Im gonna disagree with most heads but meh.

IMO Brazil were playing better football than ze germans. Started a bit rusty against N Korea but they were just frightening at times. Even in that first game, Elanos goal was just disgusting.

Luis Fabianos against Chile as well....TOO MUCH.

Germany have been good but I think people are overrating them cos its not the same Germany they are used to seeing. They beat Australia 4-0 (Had ten men for a large part of that game if I remember right), Scored 4 against a pretty appauling england defence, i didnt see all the argie game so i wont comment but I just think they were hyped a bit too much. Ozil arguably player of the tournament thoough.

Im glad to see Spain in the final because imo they play football how it should be played. Ball just does not stop moving when they have it in possesion and they get accused of not being able to defend yet Germany (the team most people said were brilliant at attacking and are 'free flowing') had one chance against them the whole game the other night. Sergio Ramos has been sick as well and he gets well unneccesarily slated.

I dont think Holland have been particularly special in any of their games either yet they are also in the final but I guarantee come sunday pundits are hihglighting how spain havent performed how we expect them to yet holland have done brilliantly to get this far. Sniejds has been decent, Robben is just too much.

This World Cup really highlighted the margins between progression and faliure

Argentina played some brilliant stuff, but could not score at 1-0, they wer trying everything and got punished 4-0

Gyan coudda been a hero and put Ghana tru but he fluffed it

Brazil outplayed Holland for 1 half, it was almost 2 easy, a mistake and they lose the game

Germany and Spain proved 2be top teams at his, Holland too I spose

Its not a matter of teams "not turning up", (eng, Italy, France) they turned up and wer well beaten... humiliated in France's case

My main problem was the lack of playmakers, and silly coaches making horrid decisions.. plus leaving behind the likes of Quaresma, Del Piero, Totti, Cassano, Diego, Ronaldinho, Pato, Moutinho etc

Shame Ivory Coast wer in a tough group again but still Sven f*cked it up... Also Nigeria with Yak missing the open goal and that twat getting sent off

No wonder story, I dont consider Ghana to be a wonder story tbh.

have to co-sign the funkmaster..

Ghana did well in 06 and they pushed on, was no surpsrise, i told all these Drogba lovers backing IC, Ghana wer the strongest Aff side

I knew playing Kev and Essien not making it would help the team, Essien dosnt have the quality of Kev in the final 3rd.. he cant beat players like Kev also

I am glad south africa staged a peacful and successful event.

It was a good look for africa.

some games were poor.

ref spoiled a couple.

big names flopped.

But overall it was decent..

just cant wait for the prem to start now.

Average World Cup on the whole.

Was disappointing to see nations with a deep rotted footballing tradition adopt less attractive styles, namely the Dutch and to an extent the Brazilians. I've never seen a Dutch side with with a level of technical ability as low as this one.

Similarly to 2006 the team that I was most impressed by from an attractive football point of view didn't go all the way, that time it was Argentina and this time it was Germany.

Ghana provided me with the most memorable moments of the tournament but on the whole I was disappointed with the African nations.

Spain seemed to be playing within themselves but they way they handled the pressure they were under was very impressive considering they've been nowhere near a final up until now.

The atmosphere was also a bit flat, the different flavours the fans of different nations bring didn't come across like it usually does and a big reason for this was the vuvuezelas.

Expect Brazil 2014 to be much better.