Tryna make your lil bro into a footballer

Taurus

Dunno if thats the best title lol but anyways

My bro is 9 and he's sick at football - he's the school captain and gets medals all the time for best player etc

I just need some advice how to go about this, I dont wanna sign him up to some any football school and ruin him, so whats the best steps to take? Is he too young right now? should I wait a couple more years?

Any feedback would be appreciated

make sure he goes to a club that has qualified coaches and a good rep, they are more likely to have contacts/attract scouts...

make sure the team he joins enters out of town/abroad tournements.... they are a feeding ground for scouts....

im sure most big clubs do soccer schools / training programs now and again

This country

He's 9, let him enjoy footnall while he's still a kid, you might aswell kick ball with him and teach him little things as you go

But don't ruin his fun by turning it into some career choice from 9

Pressure and all that

plus the chance of a good 9 year old being in the premiership in 10 years time is about a million to one

Guest Triple XXX

This country

He's 9, let him enjoy footnall while he's still a kid, you might aswell kick ball with him and teach him little things as you go

Pressure and all that

plus the chance of a good 9 year old being in the premiership in 10 years time is about a million to one

i dont see how he cant join a club yet still have fun, a 9 year old wont get a contract anyways, mans jus lookin after his lil bro's future the kid dont need to worry about that

as long as he likes kickin ball i dont see how him joining a club wont be fun, makes new friends, gets to do what he likes and is actually good at. etc

also even though its like amillion to one he may aswell still try, even in the lower leagues he could make a good career out of it when hes older

• Upvote 3

This country

Pressure and all that

I've taught him this far now he needs professional help

I've booked his place for the Arsenal "soccer" school this summer, lets see how that pans out

Thanks for everyones feedback

Guest M12 Part 2

if hes as good as u think he is an academy will find him.

most kids arent as good as their uncles/mum/brother think. being the best in ur class at school doesnt translate into being god enough to be a pro

too young..ull find ALOT of good players at that age all over the place..it's when they get abit older that most of them get distracted by other things leaving the good 1s to stand out..make him take it serious but just have fun aswell for a few years..if he keeps up the standard when he hits 13-14 then start thinking about it.

when he gets to that age all it takes is a few phone calls to get certain people to come watch him and maybe offer him trials.

also the out of the country tips are good..i used to play against one kid a few years back..he was okay but nowhere near as good as most of the players on my team including me..but his dad was 1 of those "i won't stop till my son makes it" kind of dad..now the kid has a contract with a Greek side and they've bought him a house and all sorts.. makes me wish i tried abit harder but i was too caught up on playing with mates rather than play for a better team with people i didn't know.

another kid i know sent a video his best bits in loads of different games and sent it to america..they flew him over there and are 'having talks' apparently.. he's sick though

• Upvote 1