Recommend me some books

Illusion

Team,

Going on holiday next week and its looking likely that I'll be doing plenty of reading. Can you please recommend me absolutely any books that you might have read or are reading that you enjoyed?

I've just finished reading Flat Earth News. I'm going to pick up The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, as well as Mark Curry's Dancing with the Devil.

I'll read anything as long as its good, So fiction or non fiction, and it can be about anything (music, politics, biography, anything). ALL INPUTS WELCOME

What makes it bullshit for you, might help someone else.

/

Might as well merge the topics.

The Other Hand - Finished it the other day, very good book. Cleave portrays human emotion extremely well. It tells you on the back of the book not to tell the plot, so I will just say, read it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Lemons

could someone recommend me some good reads please;

need to get back on bettering my linguistics this summer.

please and thank u

Anything by Carl Hiassen & Christopher Brookmyre. The ones in bold are f*ck*ng amazing, others are just amazing.

Hiassen:

# Tourist Season (1986)

# Double Whammy (1987)

# Skin Tight (1989)

# Native Tongue (1991)

# Strip Tease (1993)

# Stormy Weather (1995)

# Lucky You (1997)

# Sick Puppy (2000)

# Basket Case (2002)

# Skinny Dip (2004)

# Nature Girl (2006)

Brookmyre:

# Quite Ugly One Morning, 1996

# Country of the Blind, 1997

# Not the End of the World, 1998

# One Fine Day in the Middle of the Night, 1999

# The Sacred Art of Stealing, 2003

# Be My Enemy (Or f*ck This For a Game of Soldiers), 2004

# All Fun and Games until Somebody Loses an Eye, 2005

# A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Black Pencil, 2006

*in before someone mentions 1984*

/

i saw you are going to pick up "the God delusion"

/

cant be dealing with deluded people so have fun in your book search

Either speakup or shutup IMO.

If you've got something to say about the book (which I haven't read yet and so cannot pass judgement) then why not say something? I'm guessing you are either very religious or dislike Dawkins' research.

Just saying

/

/

If you've got something to say about the book (which I haven't read yet and so cannot pass judgement) then why not say something? I'm guessing you are either very religious or dislike Dawkins' research.

Just saying

the title itself says it all. i'd rather beleive in a fairytale that you lose nothing if it turns out to all be fake

than some d*ckhead sitting on his human high horse declaring that there CANNOT be a god. where's the sense in that. hes not even a scientist. but do u

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Esquilax

/

/

Just saying

the title itself says it all. i'd rather beleive in a fairytale that you lose nothing if it turns out to all be fake

than some d*ckhead sitting on his human high horse declaring that there CANNOT be a god. where's the sense in that. hes not even a scientist. but do u

:/

He's an evoluionary biologist, and what you just said is f*ck*ng dumb.

• Upvote 1

/

/

Just saying

:/

He's an evoluionary biologist, and what you just said is f*ck*ng dumb.

"Some d*ckhead sitting on his human high horse declaring that there CANNOT be a god"

And you're some guy sitting on your human high horse that believes some old geezer rounded up 2 of every species of animal, loaded them into some f*ck off big boat that he built, and sailed around for a bit?

• Downvote 3

What makes it bullshit for you, might help someone else./Might as well merge the topics. The Other Hand - Finished it the other day, very good book. Cleave portrays human emotion extremely well. It tells you on the back of the book not to tell the plot, so I will just say, read it.

I absolutely loved this book, it made me cry. Have you read 'Mister Pip' by Lloyd Jones? If you liked The Other Hand, you'll love that one.