F1 2010

Mr. Gayle

Lol ive ben raping that forum of late....it seems sh*t is pissingly easy if u have a wheel :confused:

f*ck doin full race distance on a pad though, i was doin 20laps of bahrain yest, n my hand was losin the will to live after about lap 14/15 thus why i plummeted from a nice 2nd place (although i still had to make a pit stop) to 17th....my fingers lost the will to brake, n i kept lightin up the wheels to much when coming out of coners, thus resultin in spinning.

Alllllllllthough i got additionally bumped by the game, just before i came in for my stop, which WAS sheduled for lap 17, i was gettin some MAAAAAAAAAD vibrations when goin down the straights n when turnin corners, had me thinkin WTF is goin on ere son. No messages from the Race Engineer about inpending tyre failures, so i ish carried on. but i was spinnin so much i thought hhmmm maybe it was due to tyre wear as i was still onthe Option tyre, so after once again spinnin on the final corner i thought f*ck this n signaled to the pits i was coming in.....change the tyres to prime n im on my waaaayy...two twos im still gettin the sh*t vibrations into the corners, im a confused mofo @ this point asto wha gwarn....annnnyyhoooooooooo about lap 18/19 or so the fookin engineer comes on the radio spittin about, "You've got a few marbles on the tyres, until they wear off u'll lose some grip, make sure u stick to the racing line!" to say i plainfaced the game is an understatement, how would it wait until that long to tell me wa gwarn when i had been havin the issue a goooooood 7laps previous!!

What makes it even worse is that cos I dont play with racing line Aid on, i dont even knw what the offical line is, i just do what works for me, so im likely to get mugged off like that every race :angry:

Many thanks for the rapid feedback on this. We really appreciate the details and, now that the team are returning from their short holiday, have started an immediate investigation into the cause. Just to clarify that this is most likely a bug with the pit stop release system being overly cautious, which is compounded by the limited pit stop strategy window in short race distances, rather than any form of intentional rubberbanding. Here’s a workaround for now, while we investigate further: -

Altering Your Race Strategy

By interacting with the ‘Tyre’ stack menu in the garage prior to a race you can adjust your default pit strategy. By making any of the following changes then this problem will be significantly less likely to occur as you will stop yourself from pitting on the same lap as the majority of the AI:

1) Increase or decrease your first pit stop by a lap from the pre-set default

2) Reverse your strategy to start the race on the prime tyres rather than the options, which will allow you to get significantly later in the race before having to make your pit stop (you’ll notice a recommended number of laps for each tyre compound, which will help you determine what lap to make your pit stop). This will require you to alter the both tyres which you start the race on and the pit stop tyres as well as your intended pit stop lap.

3) Alternatively you could also carry on with your default race strategy but choose to ignore the lap where the Race Engineer calls you in and select to pit on the subsequent lap. This is what I tend to do.

Altering Your Race Distance

The more you increase your default race distance up from 20%, the less likely this will occur as the AI will have much larger windows in which to make their stops rather than all coming in on the same lap, as well as the distances between the field becoming much more widely spread.

This issue is almost certainly less likely to be an issue in Multiplayer since the problem’s frequency is a function of how many people are in the pits at once, and your position in the garage line-up.

We'll be back when we've got some more details on this but rest assured we are looking into it.

the game is a bump

though with lotus smashed practice 1 and 2 top 10 finishes and the fastest 1st sector time

come qualifying i got a 5 grid penalty coz some c*nt come out the pits when i was entering my flying lap

then i managed to only get 1 FULL lap in and time ran out

that set ups site is being bookmarked but im going to avoid using it for now

Who u be soldier?? Im thinkin murks,but i swear he was in a diff "group"

the penalties are a joke doe, considerin the comp brakes at random times aswell, totally pies the idea of slip streaming unless ur on some mad long straight....Ive been totally disq from practice 1+2+3 & Qualifyin before because of too many infractments (sp?) Corner cuttin, blocking, dangerous driving....ive had them all tbh :blush:

ice....

worst one speeding in the pit lane

f*ck outta here i put the pit assist on and i still got done

________>>>>>>>> Trying to overtake, them getting in your way, then YOU get a 10 sec penalty

This game is sick tho. I wanna try this with a wheeeel.

This is getting me hype for the F1 in town this weekend

Oh what you live in Singapore? Sick. And I swear that chick in your avi is a make guru on youtube rite?

/

I really want to buy this game now lol. But I've got other priorities atm maybe when the student loan drops lols.

thats gas....just read through some topics on teh other forum, n u'll see the advantage people are gettin!!

As nuts as it sounds, it looks like there are even difficulty differences across the platforms too, i'd ave thought that sh*t would be the same :s

Dont "gas" me gas the devlopers

The differences im seeing is to allow ABS and Auto, use manual lots of ppl breaking their PB's when they make the change

To be honest I kinda come from a f1 racing history so it's not the knowing of the tracks that's the problem, it's most likely gonna be throttle control. Sounds like a bitch with the spin offs but I'm not too worried and I won't get disheartened. I used to do full races on older f1 games so I will give this the time it requires to get at least competent enough to enjoy it.

Gee only one more game to buy this year (FIFA) then there's nothing really on my radar till gears 3