Arsenal Squad & The Home Grown Player Rules

TF S4DK

1 Spain GK Manuel Almunia2 France MF Abou Diaby3 France DF Bacary Sagna4 Spain MF Cesc Fàbregas (captain)5 Belgium DF Thomas Vermaelen6 France DF Laurent Koscielny7 Czech Republic MF Tomáš Rosický8 France MF Samir Nasri10 Netherlands FW Robin van Persie11 Mexico FW Carlos Vela14 England FW Theo Walcott15 Brazil MF Denílson16 Wales MF Aaron Ramsey17 Cameroon MF Alex Song19 England MF Jack Wilshere20 Switzerland DF Johan Djourou21 Poland GK Łukasz Fabiański22 France DF Gaël Clichy23 Russia MF Andrei Arshavin24 Italy GK Vito Mannone27 Côte d'Ivoire MF Emmanuel Eboué28 England DF Kieran Gibbs29 Morocco FW Marouane Chamakh30 France DF Armand Traoré52 Denmark FW Nicklas Bendtner53 Poland GK Wojciech SzczęsnyThats 26 pro's with the bolded homegrown (13), Carlos Vela, Theo Walcott, Kieran Gibbs, and Armand Traore don't need to be named this season, nor do Aaron Ramsey and Wojciech Szczesny for this and next season, or Jack Wilshere for this and the next THREE seasons. I would suspect to get us down to 25, Ramsey due to his current injury status will be the player not named this season, but it wouldn't affect him when he gets fit.With the exception of maybe Armand Traore, the above six players all have long-term futures at Arsenal, so it makes you wonder where Wenger was fitting this extra defender he wants, which is probably why he was so keen on waiting on Sol Campell as we all know Campbell would have got one more year to hold the fort letting Nortdveit get a season with the first-team and Bartley a year on loan, then all get promoted up a place. Wenger gonna have to hit the transfer market or pray we dont get left short.Any goalkeeper arrival will probably be at the then expected departure of Manuel Almunia, as I cant see us having 5 keepers offically in the first-team squad.The oldest reserve player is Jay Simpson who turns 22 in December and will have to be loaned, sold or named in the 25. As he didn't go Austria it would seem very unlikely he'll be named, so an exit looms for him.Leaving 20 year olds Mark Randall and Pedro this season to save their Arsenal careers, as Pedro can't get a work permit and has three left-backs already ahead of him, I don't think we'll ever see him in a Arsenal shirt. For the Nacer Barazite lovers, despite being 20 years old like the above two, he actually has TWO more seasons to force his way into Wenger's thinking, due to when his birthday falls. As does Gavin Hoyte and Havard Nordtveit (who at least will probably be on the edge of the first-team this season).I'm 95% certain Denilson is homegrown as he was in his third season when he hit 21, but hadn't completed three seasons when his birthday hit in February, but I think if your 21st birthday is prior to the season ending, then you ok. Unlike Diaby who we signed in January and who's birthday is just before that season ending so he did 2 and a half seasons and isn't homegrown. Alex Song did three seasons before his 21st but the first season he was actually on loan, even if the loan season doesnt count, due to his birthday being in September and another season being underway he qualifies regardless.

What you said about Ramsey confused me.Why would he not be registered to cut down the number of players, he's under 21 so does not need to be registered...As far as I am aware you have your 25 players but then you can use as much under 21 players as you want throughout the season

There is 26 players in our first team squad. While not all of those in that 26 need to be registered as they are under 21, previous history in Champions League squads suggest we still will register them.Basically we will either name 25 players excluding Ramsey (won't mean he cant play) or 20 players excluding all the players under 21, which means only I think 3 are required to be homegrown which would easily be met by Fabregas, Denilson, Song, Djourou, Clichy, Mannone and Bendtner.

Oh yeah I missed Gibbs off, and Arsenal.com missed Vela off, we must have 14 then. As Carlos Vela joined us at 16-17, granted he never played for us for 3 seasons, but his registration would have surely still been with us as he was our player.If your loan periods in foreign countries dont count then Nordtveit might too not be homegrown, smh.