Emirates Cup - Travelling squads

TF S4DK

gun__1280310071_emiratescup2010.jpg
AC Milan, Celtic and Olympique Lyonnais have announced the following travelling squads for the Emirates Cup.AC MilanMarco AMELIA (GK)Kakha KALADZEPATOGennaro GATTUSOFilippo INZAGHIClarence SEEDORFAlessandro NESTARodney STRASSERSokratis PAPASTATHOPOULOSMathieu FLAMINIMassimo ODDOMarek JANKULOVSKIGianluca ZAMBROTTAgnazio ABATEAndrea PIRLOBORRIELLOMassimo AMBROSINIDaniele BONERAFlavio ROMAChristian ABBIATI (GK)Giacomo BERETTASimone VERDIMario Alberto YEPESLuca ANTONINIRONALDINHO Celtic Andreas HINKELEfrain JUAREZJos HOOIVELDScott BROWNGeorgios SAMARASMarc-Antoine FORTUNECHA Du-RiMark WILSONShaun MALONEYNiall McGINNMilan MISUNJoe LEDLEYMarc CROSASKI Sung-YuengMorten RASMUSSENPaddy McCOURTCharlie MULGREWGlenn LOOVENSBen HUTCHINSONLukasz ZALUSKA (GK)Thomas ROGNECillian SHERIDANDaryl MURPHYJosh THOMPSONAiden McGEADYDominic CERVI (GK)Darren O'DEAPaul CADDISSimon FERRYRyan CONROYPaul McGOWANGary HOOPEROlympique LyonnaisHugo LLORIS (GK)CRISJean-Alain BOUMSONGDejan LOVRENKim KÄLLSTRÖMJimmy BRIANDMiralem PJANICLISANDRO LOPEZEDERSONMichel BASTOSAnthony REVEILLÈREJean MAKOUNBafetimbi GOMISAly CISSOKHOMaxime GONALONSJeremy TOULALANRemy VERCOUTRE (GK)Lamine GASSAMAJeremy PIEDNicolas SEGUINIshak BELFODILMaxime BLANCSamuel UMTITIMathieu GORGELIN (GK)Loic ABENZOARHarry NOVILLO

Arsenal will be without four front-line midfielders for the Emirates Cup.Cesc Fabregas has yet to return to training after winning the World Cup while Abou Diaby, Denilson and Alex Song are all carrying slight knocks. The injured trio should all return for next weekend’s final pre-season friendly at Legia Warsaw while Fabregas and fellow World Cup finalist Robin van Persie will be back from holiday by then. However Nicklas Bendtner’s groin problem will take weeks rather than days to mend. “We have injuries and players who are not back yet from the World Cup,” said Wenger at his pre-tournament press conference on Friday. “The injuries we have are not heavy ones. I believe Diaby, Song and Denilson will not be ready for Saturday’s game [against AC Milan] but they should be ready for next weekend."Bendtner is out anyway from the start of the season. We think [he will be back in] two to three weeks.”

Mathieu Flamini says it is "something special" to return to Emirates Stadium. The French midfielder left Arsenal for AC Milan two summers ago but returns this weekend for the Emirates Cup and expects to enjoy the tournament "to the maximum". He made over 100 appearances for the Gunners and, at a press conference on Friday, he said he still keeps in touch with some of his former team-mates. "It is always a pleasure to come back to this stadium," he said. "I spent a lot of good moments here and have a lot of memories here. "I had four amazing years with Arsenal, great memories and I still have good friends in this team. "I stay in contact with them so for me it is something special and I will enjoy it to the maximum."

Arsène Wenger expects to learn three lessons from this year's Emirates Cup. Celtic and Olympique Lyonnais get the tournament underway on Saturday afternoon before Arsenal face AC Milan in their opening match. The Italian giants kick off Sunday's double-header against the French club before Arsenal and Celtic bring proceedings to a close. The Emirates Cup has become a useful staging post in Arsenal's pre-season preparations over the past three years and Wenger will pick up some valuable pointers as the 2010/11 campaign looms large. "You will see some young players like Emmanuel Frimpong and Jack Wilshere, also the new players like Marouane Chamakh and Laurent Koscielny," he told a press conference on Friday. "It will be good to see them in a competitive environment. That will be interesting." Wenger added: "I will also learn what condition we are in physically, because we have worked quite hard and with two weeks to go it is important that we can last in the games."The third point is how ready are we with our team play? How sharp is our passing, and quick movement off the ball?"