Should football welcome back Marlon King?

Mr. Gayle

Just a quick recap:

He was jailed for 18 months after groping and assaulting a university student in a nightclub. When he groped her she rejected his advances King smashed her in the face, after snarling: "You're not in my league." The court was told how the ferocity of the blow sent the slightly-built university student flying - and knocked over two other clubbers standing nearby.

Turns out though King has previous convictions for pestering and assaulting women - and has previously been jailed for receiving a stolen £30,000 BMW.

In 2003 he was arrested after police saw him chasing two women along the road with a belt buckle round his fist. He was later convicted of assault.

Two years later he was convicted of threatening behaviour for spitting in a woman's face near Leicester Square.

He is due to be released after serving half his 18 month sentence. He has never apogised to his victim and pleads mistaken identity. Coventry City are poised to offer him a contract.

So. Should football welcome back Marlon King?

/

Im 50-50 about this, what you man think.

Guest Portuguese

As with any one else I suppose it should be up to the employer whether they want to take a risk on him.

Doubt he will ever play premier league again

Don't be surprised if he ends up at Blackpool.

He has a very very good agent!

So u saying convicts shouldnt b allowed 2 work? King can play ball so he should b able 2 go 2 work wen he cums out.

I'd rather he works than live off my tax money.

Lee Hughes is a murderer duppying the lower leagues, he just punches up women that don't give out their number.

I know which one is worse.

To be honest, Footballin genral needs to start making examples of people like this guy.

repeat offender who obviously has issues with women

if they do welcome him back to the game, they need to take steps to reform his disgracefull character.

as things stand i can hand on heart say i wouldnt even except him at FC United.

but judging from the comments ive seen on here and elsewhere i guess Harry Redknapp was right about what he said about Football fans, a shame really

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So u saying convicts shouldnt b allowed 2 work? King can play ball so he should b able 2 go 2 work wen he cums out.

Its more than just a convict issue, man is on sex offenders list.

Repeat repeat offender, llow it, hope them man dealt with him inside

Know for a fact if it happened to any female in your family you wouldnt stand for it

Man like him and Joey Barton are some lucky guys

• Upvote 1

Nah, in another profession of equal skill he'd never get a second chance, let alone third or fourth. Everyone makes mistakes but this is ridiculous.

Wouldn't even get an interview, spesh if they do CRB

Init mistake is fine, everyone does, but man is a KNOWN Sexual Offender, how is man not learning.

Dunno why people are taking a moral standpoint, its football. Hardly a game of morals, if a club wants to sign him they will and that their choice and when he bags goals fans of said club will cheer, thats the reality as like I said look at Lee Hughes. King was lucky to have such a well paid career, but he's never gonna play in the Prem again and he's never gonna earn what he earned again. Its pointless saying if he was in another career cos he aint.

when you commit a crime prison time along with a blemish on your record is the punishment, because he kicks ball the punishment doesn't change so if an employer sees fit to look beyond his criminal record then so be it.

f*ck*ng dumb how people always wanna make examples of ballers, just hating on the fact he's caking cos if your bredrin went prison would you be backing him not being allowed to do a job he's qualified to do ever again?.

• Upvote 1

mums life. if my bredrin went Jail coz of what he went Jail for. he wouldnt be my bredrin anymore,

i dont par with man that grab up gyal in a club, then when they get rejected they get violent and start lashing out, seriously.

if my guy had gone out and assaulted some guy coz they got into a arguement about parking i'd easily give him a bly. REAL TALK.

Understand this man has serious issues, until they are addressed he should not be allowed back into society guys f*cked in the head, serious women issues