Using different names in legal documents

Captain Planet

A friend of mine who's Ghanaian uses the British translation of his name for his job in the city, he showed me his job card and everything, considering his bank account is a diff name and he still get paid no problem is that legal?

Also is it possible to use your mothers maiden name in place of your current surname without a legal name change?

Just queries no legal misdemeanor are afoot

Just trying to increase my job prospects

• Upvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

at work you can be called whatever you want, as long as the employers have got a record of your legit name on your passport or whatever.

Know 1 guy whos work id says TImmy and is on his letters and sh*t but his legit name is one of those oluwatimiosin alphabet names.

• Upvote 1

British translation of a Ghanaian name?

y'know...

kmt

knew some nigerian guy in my work place . Name was 'seun' (Shay-oon) and peeps called him sean at work. I was baffed for a while and he said thats the english translation of his name.. Yeah sure mate.

but I also know chinese and philippinos that do this as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your guy should be fine

My bank account is my actual birth name

and everything else except my driving license is in my forename (which is the name most people know me by and which pretty much everything else is in). When i've had cheques to cash there normally in my forename and they go through no problems.

• Upvote 1

LOL @ writing Wednesday 4th born on your CV,get taken for a mug

This is what I'm saying.

Should Kofi be calling himself Ken or Friday when he's at work? f*ck that sh*t.

Asians don't and I aint my friend.

asians DO,

europeans DO

jewish pple DO

so nothing wrong with africans doing it

/

i dont like it still. but lets admit that some names will jus be a piss take to pronounce.

/

however, the first man to be PAID over $1m in america did so because he good with people, and made extra effort to learn and pronounce names. ttkk

• Downvote 1