Alicia Douvall & Daughter aka My Mum's A Slore, BBC3, 9pm

2deal2

Laurence should be taking notes

laurence should be buying a gun

init.

/

Show was very deep. The relationship between mother child can be mirrored in society and man.

I'm just trying to break down how i think Douvall's daughter seems so grounded, there are bare factors to consider. But would be interesting to see other girls in similar positions are like to compare, and compare the factors.

Basically i'm saying there should be a psychological study on this sh*t.

• Downvote 1

Haven't watched the programme yet, but usually kids either follow the path or go completely the other way. For example if your parents are chain smokers your either become one too or never even take a puff, same for alcohol, either become a alcoholic too or never drink, even socially.

Her yute probably wont be sexual, or see her body as a way of advancing thru life.

Who WAS the daughter's dad?Was it that sugar daddy guy at the beginning?

Nah that was some guy she met after the baby, whilst she was penniless and living in a hostel.

Blatantly on the game.

Maybe's he's Alicia's pimp.

But he is looking out for her daughter, trying to advise her against making her mother's choices in life.

It was shocking though when she had to help her mum with her aftercare after the operation. It's clear Alicia should been in a hospital for a week after the operation and the girl should have been kept in boarding school.

If I was the man, I'd move to adopt the daughter.

She saw light at then end

You man are slewing her as a parent but imo shes 50% there

Obv her lifestyle isn't something to desire but she loves her daughter and has a strong bond with her despite her shortcomings

Parenting isn't just about trying to make the right decisions, you're child has to love you as your him/her

Some parents do the straight and narrow, suit-case jobs, have money there and they look good to the outside world, but they cna also be devoid of love for their child where they only seek to have their child be a beacon of their endeavors.

Those "look how I sent my child to school, and look at his qualifications" parents, but they never got to understand their child.

She gets along with her child, and the relationship they share where her daughter is a very impressive young woman fits the scenario, if her daughter was just like her it might be different, but it's not.

• Upvote 2