minor music production legal issues

prdx

a few years ago I used to work as part of a group that was trying to start up its own label and make moves... when we started to pick up a lil momentum and did a few shows manager screwed us out of the money and basically disappeared on us... no legal documents were signed.. fast forward to a few weeks ago I hear this guy has a similar setup and he's using the material (mainly instrumentals) that my group created and giving them to his new group for them to use...

i did the whole email/ mail the ting to urself as a cheap copyright before he had access to it on disc (them times I never had money for PRS) I have all my project files for every step of the tracks development which they never had (he musta ripped the export off a cd).. as far as i'm aware they do or are planning gigs with some of my beats and possibly radio play... is there anything I can do from a legal standpoint?

fightin him aint goin to help my cause at all so I aint wastin my time on that tbh... I was thinkin more to sue and squeeze whatever p outta it that I can but I didn't even think court fee's tbh I was very short sighted in this been real tho I can prove the beats are mine... Its a old track anyway and I kinda consider it a throw away beat but I aint havin a prick make money off my sh*t..

The guy is f*ckin slippery tho I kno say gunman are after him cos he has robbed the wrong ppl in the past... He always just about gets away tho

join the musician's union, then when You see the guy making p, take the seperate tracks to the musician's union, they will fight Your case if You have seperate tracks and he doesn't.