Man Killed By Train After Police Chase at Enfield Lock

Mr. Gayle

Was wondering why Ordnance road was ram last night.

/

The incident happened at Enfield Lock railway station

Moments earlier, the victim - believed to be in his early 20s - had run from a car that was being chased by police in Enfield, north London, according to a Scotland Yard spokesman.

The spokesman said a Mercedes CLK, which officers thought was uninsured, had stopped when the gates came down near Enfield Lock station.

Two men, aged 21 and 22, have been arrested after also fleeing the car at the crossing, he said.

The spokesman continued that the pursuit lasted only "a few hundred yards".

He said: "(The victim) did climb the barriers and went on to the train track.

"A short time later, he was hit by a north-bound train. We do not know the identity of the deceased at this stage."

The case has been referred to the Metropolitan Police's professional standards department to investigate.

he shouldnt of run onto the train tracks though, its just stupid. surely he must of noticed that a train was coming. even if he didnt he should of run elsewhere just to avoid live tracks.

tbh i rather hand myself in then risk losing my life over bullshit. he made a stupid mistake and it cost him his life.

RIP.

Guest Awesome Kong

he shouldnt of run onto the train tracks though, its just stupid. surely he must of noticed that a train was coming. even if he didnt he should of run elsewhere just to avoid live tracks.

tbh i rather hand myself in then risk losing my life over bullshit. he made a stupid mistake and it cost him his life.

RIP.

Must of tried to beat it to escape police, but avoiding something at that speed is an almost 100% fail.

RIP.

Must of tried to beat it to escape police, but avoiding something at that speed is an almost 100% fail.

ye but he wasnt thinking right, escaping the police by going onto train tracks is a major fail because your risking your life from that point on....

but i suppose in the heat of the moment you could do these kind of things even if the reason your running for is worth it or not. like i said he made a silly mistake which he paid with his life for.

Guest Awesome Kong

RIP.

ye but he wasnt thinking right, escaping the police by going onto train tracks is a major fail because your risking your life from that point on....

but i suppose in the heat of the moment you could do these kind of things even if the reason your running for is worth it or not. like i said he made a silly mistake which he paid with his life for.

He watched too many movies.

went past there yesterday

i was asking the poilce whilst sitting in my uninsured car whats happened

apparently he got hit by the stansted express

• Upvote 2

Guest Awesome Kong

I'm probably just being stupid

but

how do people get hit by trains

like how do you not see a train coming for your ass

and considering they're less than 2 metres in width

how are you not able to move away from it before it kills you?

80-85mph G, might not seem really fast but it is.