Eurovox and Dreambox abusers...

BATTY BOY BUM BANDIT

nah im sure dream box still works but its a lot more expensive then eurovox

Guest El Padrino

Nah. My mate who seems to know what's going on says the new boxes have been cracked but the kid who's done it won't release it 'cos he wants paying.

There'll be a new way to get round it soon, but it might take a while.

Fam your "MATE" is gassin. For the reasons being that Nagra 3 has been in use for many years on the satelite scene and up to until today there's no 1 time fix solution. The only work around has been card sharing with servers. Which is what the Cable scene is trying to change into now. There's a box by Kryptview (out of stock at this moment in time) that does the trick. (Could be what you're mate is talking bout) But for how long and wether it's worth the £160 investment that's another matter.

And tight my BBC, ITV crew. Less channels than Freeview. :rolleyes:

Aight I just spoke to my don. He's saying where Sky have bought a big chunk of Virgin Media (Sky News), Sky are running their signal thru Virgin blah blah blah. If you've got legit internet, he can hook up a dish, get the signal, and pick up all of Sky's channels thru a dreambox and card (think that's what swiftie was saying) except HD channels.

Old dreamboxes will still work, you just need to find someone who can pick up the new signal (I was told).

Guest Yilmaz

Still not believing it brah.

NOt calling YOU a liar...but Sky's encryption is next level and I'd be surprised if it lasts more than a week (if it is actually possible)

*Goes over to techwatch*

Guest El Padrino

The only way anything's working now is via a card share which requires your box to be connected to the net so that it can do the descrambling on the fly from a server somewhere on the interwebz. Normally there's a sub you pay in order to have access to the server.

The Satellite method has been going on for time as Rupert blocked off the analogue signal hack quickly ages ago. Now Virgin have picked up that baton and done the same, there is an option for the cable users on a card share / server ting but don't hold your breath on that one as the box that you need is currently out of stock and there's a lot of talk of servers been unplugged willy nilly..

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got this in my house yesterday.

Pissed no-1 involved me cos now I've had a proper look, it would've been better to get an HD receiver.

Instead we have a dreambox 500 (clone, 50 quid), dish + motor, and a one year subscription to a card sharing sever (90 quid).

Have all Sky Channels (UK) apart from Box Office. As well a lot of Sky Channels around Europe, and a sh*t load of other channels.

The picture is good but I'm thinking about just getting the HD reciever anyway cos we pick up all the Sky UK HD channels so that will just be a murkers. Thing is thought the original HD receiver is like 350 quid. Need to eye up a good clone and I'll probably get that in soonish..

...Defo recommend.