Halo: Reach Thread

Francis Coquelin

Tbh I would say both games do give you achievements for the dumbest things.

If memory serves, you get 5 gamerscore on soul calibre 4 just for booting up the game for the 1st time. Smh

If your talking about in game rewards based on what you do then you have to admit that halo 3 was pretty poor at rewarding skill. It was based mainly around the armour selection which bore no difference to the game other than visually.

Meanwhile cods in game rewards at least had a proper effect on the game etc. Tactics and firearms. In game rewards are meant to keep you coming back right so if your new to the game it makes sense to reward said noob.

Halo 3s matchmaking is much better though

getting a perfection in halo 3 >>>>>>>

getting an invincible >>>>>>>>>>

getting a killtacticular and all the other kill streaks >>>>>>> getting a nuke

now yea you only get a little badge for these but the feeling after getting them is immense, dont get me wrong i love cod but the game caters strictly to the casual gamer

also having the highlight video thing halo made getting them rewards so much sweeter seen as you could save the video and show your friends whats what

its too easy to get a nuke in cod especially when your other killstreak weapons add to your killstreak (chopper gunner harrier strike etc)

halos rewards you have a much bigger sense of achievement, and are much more satisfying when you achieve them

dont get me wrong i love cod but the game caters strictly to the casual gamer

i don't find this to be the case at all, i'm quite casual yet in every game there are ppl that play COD religiously, i can't remember how many time i've just fancied a few games and had to turn the xbox off because i've ended up playing against a team of ppl who all camp in just the right spots. Halo got that decent matchmaking system and even then gettin my ass kicked felt like fun, the same can't be said for COD.

oi also septik aint even that good he played with me and my boys afew times and came bottom most times... i was the forums best kept secert tbh

lol k

thats y i had a 50 in everything ye

and u never got above a 40?

:lol:

am i lying tho?

never played the game with intentions of getting level 50... played the game casually in social match making

ALSO

I'm hearing reach has leaked on to torrent sites already... apparently it went up on xbox live and some hackers stole it

Started getting excited for this game... first time ive bin anticipating a game for ages

• 2 weeks later...