Wenger talking the hardest

Heero Yuy

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has called on his side to deliver the goods and win the Premier League title this season.The Gunners, who begin their campaign with a testing trip to Liverpool on Sunday, have not won a trophy since the 2005 FA Cup and have gone six seasons without lifting the Premier League title.They have not finished in the top two since the 2004/05 season as Wenger continually pointed to a young squad and a lack of financial clout as reasons for failing to compete.But now with his side maturing, the Frenchman, who this week penned a new contract at the Emirates, feels it is time for the Gunners to perform and seal their fourth Premier League success."If we do not win it people ask questions," Wenger said in the News of the World."It is right because if we don't win the championship I think it is an absolute disgrace."It is time for us. I believe we have done well to stay in the top four in recent years but now is the time to deliver."I always consider a season make or break but maybe this is one more than ever."Change of policyThe Gunners have won many plaudits for their attacking brand of football played under Wenger, but the 60-year-old admits that now is the time for the style of play to bear some fruit."In the last four or five years we have brought up a young team," he added."Because of that we want to be more of a team than the others and also win trophies now."If this policy does not deliver, then I would say we have to change it."And for me a trophy means the championship or the Champions League."http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6313818,00.html
  • Downvote 2