Parking Wardens.

Eskay Jones

Where to start with these cockroaches.

Had enough of these rats. The most soulless human species on earth.

I have the worst temper on earth just the sight of them sets me off How can I get a ticket for incorrect parking within a bay because the foot of the car was sticking out by maybe a somalians forehead.

Makes me sick to my stomach one of these days i'll hit BBCNews for assualting a warden.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Speaking of parking, I guess you won't like any of the new changes to the legislation coming in force from March 2011 then.

*Local authorities outside London can issue fines by post if there is camera evidence

*Adjudicators given more powers to cancel fines in mitigating circumstances

*Increased discount period for fines sent by post - 21 days instead of 14

*Higher penalties for more serious offences, but smaller fines for less serious ones

*Quicker clamping and removal times

Source: Department for Transport

New Parking rules 'could spell chaos'

Wheel clamping will be discouraged under new rules

New parking rules coming into force in England on 31 March will cause "some chaos" for drivers and see the number of fines soar, the AA has warned.

Under the new system, there will be different levels of fine depending on the offence and where it is committed.

In some areas, the penalty for the most serious breaches will rise by 20% and the body which adjudicates on fines says it is expecting more appeals.

But the government insists the system will be fairer and "more transparent".

In 2005, the most recent year for which figures are available, eight million parking tickets were issued in England and Wales, costing motorists hundreds of millions of pounds.

Disabled bays

The Traffic Management Act will create five different penalty bands each incorporating a higher and lower level. Each local authority in England will be subject to one of the five bands.

The level of penalty imposed on drivers will depend on the offence in question.

Lesser offences will include overstaying in a pay-and-display bay.

It's a question of whether local authorities are geared up to do this

Paul Watters, The AA

More serious offences will include parking on double yellow lines or in a disabled bay.

The AA estimates that three quarters of all offences will fall into the serious category.

Paul Watters, from the organisation, told BBC Breakfast: "It's a question of whether local authorities are geared up to do this, whether they understand all the implications of the new rules, and whether motorists are going to find that authorities are acting fairly.

"So it is quite a big change from one piece of legislation to the next.

"There is a potential for some chaos, as authorities are going to have to run two systems together."

Outside London there will be two bands. The charges will be:

•Band A: Higher charge: £70, Lower charge: £50 (previously it was £60 for all contraventions)

•Band B: Higher charge: £60, Lower charge £40 (previously it was £50 for all contraventions)London already has three bands:

•Band A: Higher charge: £120, Lower charge: £80 (previously it was £100)

•Band B: Higher charge: £100, Lower charge £60 (previously it was £80)

•Band C: Higher charge: £80, Lower charge £40 (previously it was £60)

For the first time, councils outside London will be able to issue fines by post using CCTV evidence.

They will also be able to issue a penalty even when a motorist has driven away before a ticket can be physically placed on their car.

Transport Minister Rosie Winterton said this was vital because "some people will drive away very quickly if they see a parking attendant approaching".

"That can be dangerous for other drivers and it can be dangerous for pedestrians," Ms Winterton said.

"So we'll be allowing traffic wardens to issue tickets even if somebody is in the process of driving away and that's a real safety issue."

Right to appeal Councils will also be able to penalise actions such as parking next to a dropped kerb or parking too far away from the kerb.

Very few motorists appear to realise they can appeal at all

Caroline Sheppard

National Parking Adjudication Service

The Department for Transport says there will be "quicker clamping and removal times for persistent evaders", but "wheel clamping will otherwise be discouraged".

Nevertheless, the National Parking Adjudication Service expects its workload to increase.

Chief adjudicator Caroline Sheppard said: "We're preparing to deal with more appeals, but the current problem with the appeal system is that very few motorists appear to realise they can appeal at all.

"Obviously, we will be embarking on a better public relations exercise in order to inform motorists, with the new measures, that they do have a right to appeal."

Outside London, the toughest fine, currently £60, will rise to £70 for the most serious offences, but will fall to £50 for less serious ones.

In London, the highest level of fine has risen from £100 to £120, with lesser offences dropping to £80.

From 31 March, the time limit for paying tickets by post will increase from 14 days to 21.

Ms Winterton has said the changes will make fines "more transparent and consistent" and help to ensure those issued are "fair and justified".

I dont understand road tax and parking permits.

Such a contradicition of the two.

Either have road tax and NO parking permits.

Everywhere around my area are parking permits.

As good news. illegal clampers will be made illegal soon

Wheel clampers are to be banned from operating on private land in England and Wales, the government has said.

The legislation, to be introduced in November, will result in anyone clamping a vehicle or towing it away on private land facing tougher penalties.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They will also be able to issue a penalty even when a motorist has driven away before a ticket can be physically placed on their car.

Transport Minister Rosie Winterton said this was vital because "some people will drive away very quickly if they see a parking attendant approaching".

PAR. The way this has been my saving grace on so many occasions

/

Cosign Eskay tho. f*ck*ng hate wardens.

Also thank f*ck the government has banned wheel clamping on private land. Them companies are sneaky as f*ck. Because the industry wasnt regulated, they could clamp / tow you and charge whatever they wanted. I once had to pay £260 after they clamped me outside Vauxhall Market. :angry: :angry: :angry:

The majority of fines and parking restriction are to make money despite this being denied.

If its not to make money,why do -I- have to -BUY- a permit to park -IN MY OWN STREET-

Cunts.

Cunts.

Trust this actually f*cks me off tbh.

The joke is everyone in my street voted against it with a written petition and these cunts still went on to implement it

Its madness, the fact you have to pay to park in your own car park

Anyway glad these mug clampers have now been ban.

The majority of fines and parking restriction are to make money despite this being denied.

If its not to make money,why do -I- have to -BUY- a permit to park -IN MY OWN STREET-

Cunts.

Cunts.

Trust this actually f*cks me off tbh.

The joke is everyone in my street voted against it with a written petition and these cunts still went on to implement it

Its madness, the fact you have to pay to park in your own car park

Anyway glad these mug clampers have now been ban.

ARGH

AND THE WORST PART IS...THEY MAKE TONS OF MONEY ANYWAY

f*ckIN...THE RESTRICTIONS IN MY STREET ARE 8AM TO 10PM 7 f*ckIN DAYS A WEEK

7 DAYS

TILL 10PM

SO MANY PEOPLE WILL BE PAYING MONEY INTO THOSE METERS...AND SO MANY PEOPLE GET PARKING TICKETS...BUT I STILL NEED TO PAY

CUNTS

CUNTS

It's only after moving out of London it's really dawned on me how f*cked up certain things are and how deep the system there rapes it's residents.

Although I have a driveway, my whole street and practically my whole town is free. No permitts needed at all. Even most parts of the high streets are absolutely free. In 2 years I've seen traffic wardens only once. It was outside my children's school and it was only because some of the parents were really taking the piss with their parking so the head teacher decided to call them in.

/

so mans a driving instructor and cant park his car properly.

:lol:

:lol::lol:

Guest Yilmaz

Owning a car in London is -EV anyway.

If you do it, this is the kind of sh*t you have to factor into your decision.

Get a bike/join a car club. That way you're winning on all fronts.