Is this the...

Swiftie

Laptop of your choice in this day and age?Was busy looking for a new Motherboard as it could be time 2 put together some bits to build a "MUVA f*ckA" of a PC.Paid a visit to my favourite MOBO maker ASUS and saw this..For the ones that can be bothered. Have a read. For the ones that don't give a f*ck.. Give it a bly. biggrin.gif Bless.N.B: Why is it.. No matter what Laptop I look at.. I still want a MacBook Pro C2D :oops: But £2K for a laptop.. Never that time..ASUS W5Feasus2.jpg

The notebook’s main feature is a small secondary display built right into the notebook’s hood. On its release, the W5fe will be the first notebook that supports Windows Vista Slideshow Technology.
asus1.jpg
The laptop is based on the Intel Core 2 Duo platform and has 512 MB of DDR2 memory. The hard drive has a total capacity of 160 GB and the 12-inch TFT display supports a maximum resolution of 1280x800 (WXGA). The small external display is 2.8 inches, can display 65 million colors, and has a resolution of 320x240 (QVGA). The laptop also comes with a built-in webcam.
asus_sshow.jpg
The main selling point of the laptop will be the small secondary display. As we said before, this display allows the laptop to take advantage of Windows Vista’s Slideshow Technology. The small screen comes equipped with a cross-directional pad along with 2 push-buttons. The first push button is for general use while the second takes users back to the main menu. It is possible to carry out a number of tasks using the secondary screen, such as reading email, playing MP3s, and viewing photos, all without ever needing to power up the laptop.
asus_sshow2.jpg
An interesting feature of Windows Vista Slideshow is that it displays the power state of the laptop. In addition, it searches for WiFi signals in your area and connects to the best available network in order to check email.

saw this on the gadget show.... bigcan run media player from the lcd, without booting up the pc....im getting a macbook in the summer..... just need them p's......

Apple MacBook ProN.B: This is the 15.4" Something is tellin me 17" is way to go but then again. 15.4" will maintain the whole "PORTABLE" aspect of a laptop I suppose. But for the expensive price of a Mac. I suppose the bigger the better. Coz a person will more than likely be lookin to replace they're PC. :cry: :? :roll:Here's a review of what I'm lookin at. But I know Apple will have some new INTEL processor coming through on their updates.. So might be a case of just chillaxin and not rushin.. WHO THE f*ck KNOWS? :roll:

MacBook Pro 15.4" Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz2GB DDR2X1600 256MB120GBimg9332gr2.jpgConcernsMany many problems with the previous MacBook Pros, mainly the whine and heat issue were a put off, which is one of the reason i waited.Did They Fix ItYes.The laptop runs at a very nice temperture, once of the reasons is because of the Meron processor and another one is the new 6 large vents at the back of the MBP.  This helps with the flow of air in and out of the laptop.Temperatures vary from 40 - 50c depending on what work is being done.No whine what so ever, very quiet laptop, apart from the SD of course.Current IssuesHere is a list of issues people are having with the new C2D MBPs (the ones im affected by are in red)Short battery lifeWarped casingUneven backlight - Its the viewing angle, the lights are fine, but this is what people are classing it as.  Its the way you look at it, which makes the left or right side seem darker or lighter.  Im hoping Apple will correct this problem.Gap above cd driveUneven keysWireless connection issuesWaking up from sleepThese are just some of the issues, which people are complaining about.  The main one is the backlight.  Its simply an LCD positioning problem.LCD DegreeI never had a CD MBP, but people are saying that the screen tilts further back with the C2D version to 135 Degrees, which apparently was not possible with the previous version.PackagingOnce again, this is no exception.  Apple are known for having simple and elegant packaging which makes that experience just that little better.  Something needs to go hand in hand with the lovely design of the MBP.img9333lt8.jpgFeaturesMagSafe: It has kept a great feature, magsafe.  This is the new way of charging your laptop.  Its unique design is there for us. No one wants to break their laptop, and since prevents it from such incidents such as tripping.  Many of us have tripped over a laptop charger, well since this is attached by a magnet, it will come straight out, leaving your laptop in one piece, not even move from its position.Front Row: Just like every Mac (apart from the Mac Pro) it has front row, with the receiver built right next to the laptop release button.  Definitely a good position appose to the iMac.  The iMac signal tend to get block because it was behind the plastic, well this happened to me.  Although when both of my iMac are on, one remote controls both :pinch:iSight/Mic: A lot of these features i don’t need to talk about since every Mac has them, but something interesting i found out.  The iSight seems to be a lot clearer over iChat opposed to be iMac and the Mic cuts out a lot more ambient noise and is definitely clearer.  Possibly a slight update from my iMac G5.Rosetta: Hate it. Slow. Why oh why biggrin.gif Please can everything become native now :DAt least the main programmes i use: Aperture 1.5.1, Pro Tools 7.1.1 and Reason 3.0.5 are all native.  I have only managed to try out Aperture since i need to use my colleges equipment to try out Pro Tools, but if its anything like the speed of Aperture, it will be rapid :DUnder The Hood:Oh my, this thing flys.  Well i am comparing it against my iMac G5.  Aperture actually runs smooth, no lag.  Such a pleasure to have this.  I always do little and accurate tweaks to my photos, and since i have no lag what so ever, i am able to achieve this.  2GB DDR Ram comes as standard, you are set to do any pro application from the start.  When i first saw the update and saw that the model i wanted came with 2GB as standard, that meant more money was needed on extras.Full Mac OS X support :Dimg9320wq9.jpgimg9323ic8.jpgimg9328gs3.jpg

Guest YourFutureStepDaddy

I like Mac's because of the looks and aesthetics but TBH I dunno if i'd ever buy one. It's long figuring it all out when you've used Window's your whole life.If I had one i'd run Linux or Window's on it.

defeats the whole purpose if your gonna run windows on it....i got used to it from using em at college..... the only long think is getting used to using one mouse button, and the menu bar at the top (but if you learn the keyboard shortcuts you should be good to go)

coz i use photoshop + illustrator alot at college its nice....all smooth, all about shortcuts and that. its frustrating to get used to it having used windows for so long, but the speed, no virus's, ect make it worthwile...i dont even know 90% of the normal shortcuts either, so when i get one and learn them using it will be so easy.

See this is the thing. I want the Mac for the production side of things.But realisticly. Microsoft own the game. There's no lie in that.Any one try and test me on that statement and I will leave you in a body bag. YES I SAID IT.. biggrin.gif & I know there's some Laptops that can run Mac OSX even though its not fully supported... & obviously the legality of that is strictly :D But I know running Windows on a Mac Pro laptop will be better than runnin Mac OSX on a Windows Laptop..So Bootcamp or Parallels is going to be me. Not because I want to get a Mac to run Windows. But for the sheer fact of trying to get the best of Both worlds.I aint seen a black MacBook Pro.. Faze hook up the info.. Coz SILVER is what I been seeing.

i havnt seen a a pro black one..... just the black macbook which is up there.....what production are you on?its a shame microsoft runs the world lol, coz macs run so nice......

i havnt seen a a pro black one..... just the black macbook which is up there.....what production are you on?its a shame microsoft runs the world lol, coz macs run so nice......
Dang! For a second you got me thinking there was a black MacBook Pro.Mac's do run nice.. That's why I'm stuck in this predicament.As for the production side of things... We'll just have 2 see... :Drolleyes2.gif

i just got a sony vaio.. first of all got the FE41S with vista.. but its so crap, and had bare problems.. wouldnt go in to sleep or hibernate without crashing etc.. and its a conflict between the graphics card and vista.. so i exchanged it for the FE31Z with xp on and its been perfect so far