The Wiley Thread

JinX_Dutz

You saying he shouldn't have brought people in?

Guy brought in Dizzee, Tinchy, Kano(?), Chipmunk, Roll Deep.

Grime's success story runs through Wiley.

yeah he should have, but not to the extent he did.

he should have made sure his OWN sh*t was up to par as well/signed these guys up to contracts/publishing stuff

like P Diddy did...so they were tied to him financially

that's how real Gs do

the mafia pay to put young kids etc through college...how the f*ck you think they have so many people in power under their wing?

the laws of power my friend

Guest Blue State Of Mind

wiley is the godfather but he gave away too much power with his bring in mentality

Real Talk to think some of these guys aren't even grateful as well.

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

i thought at the beginning it was a sample of Big H from a DVD or something due to the low quality n that the real tune will kick in in like 10-15 seconds

boy

Ghetts n P Money beef is over yea?

WILEY'S twitter rants are now as commonplace as having a TV in your front room.

But that doesn't detract from the fact that they often help to spark a healthy debate.

And that happened earlier today when Wiley took to his Twitter to accuse record labels of making UK stars into American-style rappers.

Chilling ... Rio and Chipmunk

Chilling ... Rio and Chipmunk

And his posts caught of the attention of none other than Man Utd defender RIO FERDINAND.

Rio is a well-known music fan, so it was inevitable that he would enter the debate started by grime godfather Wiley.

Wiley levelled his posts at labels like Sony and Island, saying: "Sony, Island and Parlophone are trying to turn authentic grime artists into american rappers.

"Stop it though you're making me laugh and cry."

With his support fully behind British music, he continued: "There is music that is 100% homegrown, there is music that ain't but it feels weird watching UK artists who are dying to be American underneath."

He also mentioned KANO and DIZZEE RASCAL, accusing them of not doing enough to support grime when they made it big.

He tweeted: "If Dizzee and Kano and anyone else who blew up had put more time and energy into the scene like I did we would be alright I reckon. When I blew up I never f****d off I almost used every advance to enhance the artist in the scene we created and shared my wealth."

Wiley's straight-to-the-point opinions also mentioned an old favourite, CHIPMUNK.

After Rio asked him if he thought Chip's song with CHRIS BROWN was a bad move, the grime star replied: "Nah, but the song is irrelevant.

"Chipmunk is losing it and I know that he spat fire before, now he raps like he is DRAKE or LIL WAYNE."

Rio then said he'd love to see some of the UK's grime stars working with people like NOEL GALLAGHER.

He said: "I'd love to see a Kano or DEVLIN do a song with a Noel Gallagher or a KINGS OF LEON.

"I think there needs to be more love in the grime scene...talking helps and holding grudges is wasted energy. Lift each other up the ladder. Pow 2011 and Game Over set the standard for a new start of uniting."

True indeed.

Wiley also appeared to plead for more unity within the scene, tweeting: "Dizzee and Kano and whoever is big need to unite and the rest of us will make sick music anyway, thats all. We need our top MCs together.

"Before I die I just wanna see the scene together not apart. We have all got money or earning prospects, now lets be together again thats all."

Later in the day, Rio spent some time with Chipmunk, checking out his new video and tracks from the forthcoming album.

I wonder if a footballer could be the catalyst behind a unified grime scene?

Stranger things have happened...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3242680/Wiley-wants-to-unite-grime-scene.html

swear the sun comes like the number1 grime blog these days