The Wiley Thread

JinX_Dutz

• 2 weeks later...

The album is a mess tbh, no coherence or vibe.

It isn't actually as commercially bad as you would of thought but it has zero flow.

Few big tracks dotted about suffocated by the shit with the likes of tulisa and far eat movement.

The Intro tho >>>

Hit 20 in the midweeks so its shifting.

http://www.sharebeast.com/jd6plsj6iw8b

the doc for anyone who wants to watch

/

Wiley claims that he’s walking out on his record label, Warner.

The grime touchstone 
signed to Warner last year
, releasing his first number one UK single in ‘Heatwave’, and this month dropping his first album for the label, The Ascent. However, as is often the case with Wiley, things along the way didn’t go quite to plan: last month he 
leaked 
The Ascent
 (or at least, the version of it that he wanted the world to hear) after a dispute over the version of the album available for iTunes pre-order. This morning, Wiley has claimed on Twitter that he’s leaving the label.

After first claiming that Warner are forcing him into releasing a single that he doesn’t want to (“My label are doing ‘Lights On’ next but I do not like that so you will not see me in the video … If my first two singles were dance and third was drum and bass, why am I doing a dance single fourth … my musical mind is better than that”), Wiley announced that “I am walking out of Warner today, I don’t need em anymore”, adding that he’s “rinsed majors for every penny, enough is enough. Need to put my own money where my mouth is now and stop p*ssy footing around the industry. I have got time for [Warner] and I respect you but goodbye.”

It’s not the first time Wiley has felt hard done by over a label’s choice of single: one of his many 
public disputes with his manager John Woolf
 followed a drum’n'bass switch-up on past single ‘Cash in my Pocket’ that Wiley didn’t approve. Of course, Wiley has claimed on multiple occasions of late that he 
plans to do one more album and then retire
, so if he is going to take things independent again, then it’s understandable that he’d want to make all the calls on his final hurrah himself.

Wiley spoke in-depth to FACT last year about the difference between majors and independents and much more – you can
read that piece here

• 4 weeks later...

some biggy and tupac sh*t

expect a scuffle and the next T4 kids choice awards

cbd87377cc1687111b865ff87b648359.jpg

(Photo via)

The string of a banjo is yet to be plucked on stage this year at Worthy Farm and already the entire internet has had to endure days of incessant social media boasting about what a "totally bloody woooooo" time everybody is having at "Glasto". Friends you previously thought to possess both good taste and a sound mind are now unable to stop talking about how much they're enjoying their weekend of foot rot, fire poi and Phill Jupitus.

So it was a welcome relief when Wiley, booked to play on Saturday, took to Twitter last night to drop some truth bombs after arriving at the festival site and gradually coming to the realisation that a massive field full of lute players, Mumfords & Sons fans and men dressed as dog gimps isn't really for him.

At first, he was just slightly miffed:

974eb4ae10d3f0b68f54062358ddd3ec.jpg

Then he realised where he could have been instead:

37be79ccb4cdd4a94d6a7808e46c155d.jpg

And that made him very angry:

a01767c814148bec8337dc95c59f8684.jpg

It was soon clear where Wiley was placing the blame: at the feet of his long-suffering manager, who deserved to be wiped from the Earth for the unforgivable deed of allowing him to be booked for the biggest festival in the UK:

4c6d21e1fe69daf8b5f9d72756418739.jpg

Then he began to attack the Glastonbury organisers:

40577a971ca71bfb1dd57bf5e493dbf2.jpg

Before coming to the conclusion that he hated ALL festivals:

033541f15e7bd4297817b50a82e59517.jpg

Just in case his manager wasn’t stressed out enough at this point (what with the hordes of frantic phonecalls from Glastonbury's press team that he no doubt had to deal with), Wiley continued to berate him. But Wiley didn't abandon all of his manners, as he asked Woolf to pass on some pleasantries to Holland’s most famous musical export:

746420c530d1b7ce1b8dcd47abf1cfe9.jpg

He then informed other festival promoters that, whatever they agreed to pay him to perform this year, he probably would have done it for a lot less:

1cab89f1691af91257b78fbc58b75932.jpg

Next, he politely asked Glastonbury if it was possible for him to pull out, go home and mull over how to put on an event that wasn’t so excruciatingly, overwhelmingly shit – no hard feelings:

67e51c0445b146b7446dc6a6f47162c2.jpg

But then he realised that he was so angry he didn’t care whether or not he was sued:

1bedf4829f8ed4151294846ac8ff8bb2.jpg

Instead, he wanted to be in a small Hackney park near his house:

c2364a09bf50326e2ba2024cb5442650.jpg

It was time to take his requests to the Big Cheese. Surely he would have the power to offer absolution?

5f7413e79766c46a5882aa8c4b1c9f4b.jpg

Next, Wiley responded to a fan who pointed out that Jay-Z had been much less of a diva when he played at Glastonbury in 2008, before hitting the world with the best comment anyone will ever say in relation to Glastonbury:

75c5132294570751d39a6b0ce0a763ec.jpg

He was now so desperate that he began messaging Emily Eavis directly (incidentally, in response to a tweet in which the Glastonbury co-organiser thanked someone for dropping off some apple bits at her farm):

99774fa0b19b5ae1c27e1f4eb053e671.jpg

Finally, he ended his rant with a philosophical observation, explaining where Glastonbury was going wrong:

54cee9fd23ea94ace8573e55a9f45b6d.jpg

24a37082ee37564909aae990a5c14403.jpg

Follow John on Twitter: @prancehall

4c6d21e1fe69daf8b5f9d72756418739.jpg

was creasing at this when i saw it

safe for embedding, guy just doesnt give a fuck

After all that he's still going.

Just said hes on his way bk to napa :lol:

Why does he not want to do it though

just do 2 tunes collect the £ and cut

What a prick, I know a few people who were hyped to see him at Glasto. Fuck what he wants, he's getting paid to perform for his fans.

Why did he arrive yesterday though if he's performing on Sat.

Must be so much grief being his manager.

What a prick, I know a few people who were hyped to see him at Glasto. Fuck what he wants, he's getting paid to perform for his fans.

You need to have words lad, cant be hyped for a set consisting of heatwave and reload it :lol:

What a prick, I know a few people who were hyped to see him at Glasto. f*ck what he wants, he's getting paid to perform for his fans.

You need to have words lad, cant be hyped for a set consisting of heatwave and reload it :lol:

Lol, I know what you mean but they're still fans. He clearly knows what Glastonbury is about as he's done festivals in the past, he's either really clever or really thick as pig shit.

I have yet to figure it out.

Loool @ Wiley

Meanwhile Dizzee Rascal is dropping quotes like this...

"Glastonbury is such a national treasure," Dizzee said, speaking to The Sun in advance. "It is the ultimate festival in the world. In fact, it's one of my favourite places to play and is up there with my career highs like winning a Brit Award and playing at the Olympic opening ceremony last year."

Weighing up Glastonbury next to its international rivals, Dizzee added: "I have done Coachella, Big Day Out and Future In Australia but they don't come close to Glastonbury - it's the one. There is nothing like having 80,000-plus people laid out in front of you, singing your songs. That is something else."