Should u have 2 b English?

thinkingthuglife

arteta isnt even eligible anyway

theres a small rule somewhere preventing him

Yeah the ruling was that as he doesnt have dual nationality and played for u16s and u17s for Spain, he cant play for Eng

Prob could be overturned, if he wanted to. Someone called up TalkSport referring to Colin Kazim Richards playing for Turkey, dunno if it sets precedent

As a defender, Tyrone Mears knows you get punished for playing a man on-side - especially if it's the WRONG side.

And that's now happened to the Burnley star after playing football for a country he has NO link to.

The balls-up came when Tyrone - who thought he was of Jamaican blood - was asked to play by their old boss John Barnes.

It was the right-back's first international cap - but the Jamaican FA MISSED the fact Tyrone's long lost father was AFRICAN.

Now the 26-year-old must pay the ultimate penalty - not being able to fulfil his boyhood dream of playing for England.

FIFA rules state that a player who has participated in an official match for one international team, can't represent another.

Tyrone, born in Stockport to a British mum, told the News of the World: "It was an honest mistake on my part. I can't believe the Jamaican FA didn't check in the registration process!"

Injury

The Premier League player, rated as England's second-best right-back by Opta stats, was recovering from an injury at the start of the year while playing for French club Marseille.

He added: "I was desperate for games at the time. When Barnes asked me about Jamaica I thought I'd see if I qualified."

That's when Mears began digging into his father's past and was told he had Jamaican roots.

He added: "I gave the Jamaican FA my name, my father's name and that was it. I didn't have to submit my passport."

Mears played in the 0-0 draw against Nigeria in February, but a month later discovered he actually had NO Jamaican heritage.

He explained: "I was shocked when a private investigator later told me my dad was in fact from Sierra Leone."

Mears, who is appealing to FIFA to change his nationality to English, said: "I just want the chance to be considered for England along with everyone else."

Seriously, allow getting involved in this type of f*ckry!

Yeah the ruling was that as he doesnt have dual nationality and played for u16s and u17s for Spain, he cant play for Eng

Prob could be overturned, if he wanted to. Someone called up TalkSport referring to Colin Kazim Richards playing for Turkey, dunno if it sets precedent

Colin has Turkish heritage though so that's different

It is one of them that can be appealed I think.

I don't know but didn't Kanouté do it for Mali? IIRC there was some appeal he had to do then 'cos he played for France at youth level.

Either way he shouldn't be playing for England. That said Capello shouldn't me managing 'us', so why draw the line at playing staff?

Colin has Turkish heritage though so that's different

Thought it was greek-cypriot