On your jones?

Woodpecker

See this topic come up in carni thread, before I moved out of England I wouldnt have gone raving or anything alone, woulda thought it dead an been shy to do it think people think I got stood up or something. Used to love bike riding alone at night though but anyway.

Since I moved out here I just simply have had to, didnt know a soul so to meet people I had to get out there and do it, I aint gonna lie the first time I went out to some holiday place I walked up and down the strip of bars twice thinking where can I go hmmm etc etc being bare p*ssy about the situation but just went in slammed a few drinks and ended up meeting a few girls and guys who I go there with regularly.

Done this at a FEW different areas out here and now any time I go to those places I just dial those people and we meet up etc, sometimes you just have to man up and enjoy yourself and you will get to know people along the way.

What are peoples thoughts or experiences? Have you gone out on your jones before? What happened?

i reach dance events on my own because i don't know anyone who likes dance or would reach it with me (or i don't have any friends)

i end up drinking vodka red bull and smoking bare before i even drive up there, top up before i go in, and then just drink bare inside. i am not very social in this state, and by an hour into dancing my eyes are stinging from the sweat, so if i was in a position to dance with a girl i don't because i feel like a sweaty arab.

• Upvote 1

Guest WAVESURFER

Did it on holiday once. I wanted to go to this night, and my mates didn't fancy it, so I went on my own. Had a good night.

2 of them ended up leaving the club they were in cause it was sh*t, and coming to meet me in there for the last hour or so. They enjoyed it as much as I did.

Being independent>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Constantly having to rely on others

Having said that though, I probably wouldn't go to a club on my own over here, it could be kinda awkward if I met someone I knew and they said "Who you in with?" I have been to gigs and the cinema on my own before though, which were both totally fine.

Guest WAVESURFER

I don't rate going to the cinema on your own tbh

I don't see the problem tbh.

None of my mates are particularly into European cinema, and I don't like watching films on my laptop, so if a foreign film comes out that I want to see, I'll just go to the cinema by myself.

Never been clubbing on my own... Not because I can't but because it's pointless, I can't have the banter I have with my mates with strangers... Even though you have drunk laughts, there's a certain deepness in the banter that you have with the lads. Just much creasing goes on all night..

Anyone ever play the Cesc Fabregas game? Setting up assists for your mates with girls and telling them to finish lmao.

Stuff like that.

But been cinema on my own standard.... I wanted to see Wall-E, no social protocol was getting in the way of that.

Swear your that guy that sucks c*ck stringer?

Anyway no derail out here, if stringer trys fight back I beg every man send a couple shots so hel clear off

its language like this that shows why u man are loners- cant differentiate btween cyber and realworld

u do kno that no shots are actually sent and if i wanted to i could actually post gibberish continuously

time to get out of ur bedsit and go into the real world - there are actual humans out there too, with flesh and everything

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

I always do stuff by myself. You don't see me in town shopping with other people, if you do it's because some c*nt wants me to be all SATC and "do lunch" and all that annoying bollocks. I go cinema by myself, funnily enough on Orane Wednesdays most of the time (how ironic) but only when I want to literally watch something on my own. I go for meals by myself. I don't really care to be honest if you're not comfortable enough in your own skin to sit there and not care if someone thinks your fella hates you or you've got no mates then well... I dunno what to tell you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ok billy no mates

lol

/

i go shopping by myself normally because i don't like shopping for clothes with other people, especially females

i haven't been to the cinema by myself but i would do if there was any film i ever actually wanted to see. arranged to go with my ex once and she texted saying she was gonna be late so i just went in by myself and sat on my own for 20 minutes til she came. i didn't feel self conscious or anything in any way

Lol I can never go out on my own tbh not even cinema...just wont feel right, and it's a par if someone you know asks who you're with and you say "no one" person would be like :confused:

nah but they wouldn't though

what age are you? get some confidence man

say you're in a bar with people and you see one guy sitting on his own...are you really even thinking about him, let alone sat there thinking "what a sad c*nt on his own". nobody cares. i always bump into people who are out on their own, i tihnk nothing of it and neither do most normal people once you're older than like 17

Lol I can never go out on my own tbh not even cinema...just wont feel right, and it's a par if someone you know asks who you're with and you say "no one" person would be like :confused:

nah but they wouldn't though

what age are you? get some confidence man

say you're in a bar with people and you see one guy sitting on his own...are you really even thinking about him, let alone sat there thinking "what a sad c*nt on his own". nobody cares. i always bump into people who are out on their own, i tihnk nothing of it and neither do most normal people.

Nothing to do with confidence tbh and I'm 20.

I just don't like the idea of going to a club/rave on my own, would be kinda boring not bussing jokes etc

• Upvote 2