On your jones?

Woodpecker

See this topic come up in carni thread, before I moved out of England I wouldnt have gone raving or anything alone, woulda thought it dead an been shy to do it think people think I got stood up or something. Used to love bike riding alone at night though but anyway.

Since I moved out here I just simply have had to, didnt know a soul so to meet people I had to get out there and do it, I aint gonna lie the first time I went out to some holiday place I walked up and down the strip of bars twice thinking where can I go hmmm etc etc being bare p*ssy about the situation but just went in slammed a few drinks and ended up meeting a few girls and guys who I go there with regularly.

Done this at a FEW different areas out here and now any time I go to those places I just dial those people and we meet up etc, sometimes you just have to man up and enjoy yourself and you will get to know people along the way.

What are peoples thoughts or experiences? Have you gone out on your jones before? What happened?

nah i reckon your on ur own pal, shy u know, wot you sum kind of d*ckhead?

better luck next time tho eh?

• Downvote 2

Tbh if u go pub and chat to other drunk heads you will make freinds, if you fail then you are a nex level of social retard

again I cud go 2 certain raves on my 1s and find guys 2 jam with cos I have chilled with them on a random 1 wen licked on dizzle

I shud have went nas concert on my 1s and just blaze v alchemist

nex tym a hiphop legend comes uk I'm going, whether it's a solo or group ting I care not

Most of the time I go shopping on my ones so I can just move at my own pace and get in and out.

I really fancied a fry up once so just went cafe and ate on my ones.

But really allow going out for a meal/raving/bar/cinema on your own. For me it's nothing to do with confidence or being comfortable in my own skin because that I certainly am, I just think it's f*ck*ng odd.

Cinema is not too bad but I don't think I would ever do it.

it just doesn't seem right, its a thing that people do in groups or pairs

Im a firm disbeliever in these social 'rules'

get me.

prime example of what we are talking about in this topic. lol at caring how u look to anyone let alone a bunch of strangers

c/s both of you

there's absolutely nothing wrong with going to the cinema on your own, i went on my ones to see watchmen and i felt fully comfortable. if you think about it cinema viewing is primarily a solitary activity, you do not need someone by your side to watch a movie the same way you don't need someone to watch tv/dvds with you at home. most of the time when i'm at the cinema with a chick, there always comes a point where i feel like telling her to shut up, i do not feel the need to entertain conversation when i'm immersed in a movie

personally i think the only reason people are saying allow doing xyz on your ones is cause they're worried about the opinions of others, lol @ trying to disguise it as something else, na brah you're insecure

but they'll probably warm up to the idea of moving solitary as they get older, i really do think it's only a matter of time, if you haven't got a partner, you will definitely find as you grow up your friends will be too busy forming their own lives with work/partners/family etc to go out regularly with you, thus you need to do sh*t on your own. especially if you have obscure interests/hobbies

• Upvote 1

c/s the festival solo movement

altho i went with a large group of people i only chilled with them during the day. its too easy to loose people in a crowd eg im goin to buy a drink meet you back here - so i ended up just bouncing around on my own and had some of the best laughs with other randomers i met at the campsite/in and around the arena. when i stepped out of my tent on day two, about 3/4 different groups of people were shouting SKOLA how u doin mate comin for a drink later?

i know a guy who used to do trips on his own eg bus to another city book a hotel room hit a club end up taking a girl back with him. doesnt sound so bad and he tells me he's had great fun and met interesting people

went carnival last year on my own and was better than this year coz i went with people this year

always stay at raves on my own if ppl i'm with decide to leave and i'm enjoyin myself, so would prob consider ravin on my own. only thing puttin me off it is that there's always them periods of the rave that are dead, and what do You do on Your 1s durin this time

other than ravin and cinema tho, i would do anything on my own, and cinema i would do if i really wanted 2 see it, but only after every1 had said no.

feelin revs' rule