Mexes

Gunner

Roma defender Philippe Mexes has refused to rule out a move from the Giallorossi.

Mexes is in the final year of his contract at Roma and could leave on a free transfer next summer.

Roma have offered Mexes a new deal to extend his stay in the Eternal City, but the Frenchman admits he is unsure about staying as his place is under threat from the recent arrival of Nicolas Burdisso.

"Burdisso came back to Roma and it's obvious the competition has increased again," Mexes told France Football.

"I risk playing little and my contract will expire. I am seriously considering whether to renew it or not.

"The officials have already proposed me a four-year extension.

"I will think about it. I am at Roma for seven years.

"If I don't get enough time in the starting XI in the first half of the season then I may decide against renewing it."

Where should he go/ who should be in for him.

PLEASE sign him

Imagine the football that would be played between Agger,Mexes,Meireles,Cole and Captain along with Fernando. With a winger on the left possibly coming in along with a CERTIFIED striker. By then we should have new owners and a new coach.

I have liked his football since that game we had against them around 2003-04 He looked solid and intelligent a bit Nesta esque.

• Downvote 3