Transformers: War For Cybertron

spiderman

anybody got this on here? its sold out in most shops, got my copy about a week or so ago and its actually pretty decent.

i was thinking what most people would, that the novelty of transforming and fighting would wear off pretty quickly. but the gameplay is actually pretty good (its made using the "unreal" game engine) and is much better then any of the other transformers games.

its got a unique story (set before the generation 1 tv series) and the campaign is really enjoyable in solo or co-op. even though its quite its quite short you actually wouldnt mind doing it over a few times, its definately engaging.

as for the online modes, its a bit call of duty-esque which suprised me a bit. the class system and team play really shines out well. there is a lot of detail to it, bit long to go through it all but ye its definately more then i expected for this particular game.

only megatron but he is pretty good in this. theres actually quite a lot of characters from the old series, and with the character/map pack there are even more. the look of the characters themselves is trying to keep with the old series but it has got a more modern touch to it and the chasis have more detail. not as OTT as the movies tho lol.

the previous movie games were probably not worth getting, but this definately is if you like transformers in the slightest way. besides that, its a good 3rd person shooter in general because of the unreal engine.

only megatron but he is pretty good in this. theres actually quite a lot of characters from the old series, and with the character/map pack there are even more. the look of the characters themselves is trying to keep with the old series but it has got a more modern touch to it and the chasis have more detail. not as OTT as the movies tho lol.

the previous movie games were probably not worth getting, but this definately is if you like transformers in the slightest way. besides that, its a good 3rd person shooter in general because of the unreal engine.

Safe might go cop 2moro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ye depending on the game mode tho as to how the match gets played. mostly your in teams of 4-5...

4 different classes of characters to play as, customise and unlock upgrades for - leader, scout, soldier, scientist.

3, 5 and 7 kill streak perks.

everything you expect of a shooter....sniping, flanking, face to face shooting and meele attacks, mines/grenades etc etc.

also being in vehicle mode you can have dog fights in the air, or shooting car chases....you get the idea lol.

watch the videos init.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgTNI1Gty8A

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

an XP weekend is basically when you get more XP for playing online, so you can level up quicker.

e.g. a "10xXP" weekend will mean you get 10x50 = 500 points for a kill and 250 or 150 for an assist, etc.

i dont know when they are, but i find out through the facebook page. just search war for cybertron.

/

LevelLouie if you was on ps3 you could of added me. whats the community like on xbox, how many people on average do you get online at peak times? ps3 still gets to about 800-900 when i play at most, but i dont think thats peak time.

as for my guns and abilities, my set up is like this:

SCOUT:

guns - energon battle pistol, null ray

abilities - dash, cloak

SCIENTIST:

guns - photon burst rifle, neutron assualt rifle

abilities - shockwave, spawn sentry

LEADER:

guns - fusion cannon, ion blaster

abilities - moleculon bomb, war cry

SOLDIER:

guns - x12 scrapmaker, rocket launcher

abilities - whirlwind, ammo beacon (to spawn ion displacer turret)

/

just checked the leaderboard and im 186th (top 10%) on team deathmatch and 400ish on player kills (top 20%). i would be much higher if i had the time to play all day like some people on there do, but i actually have a life lol.