Sign in to follow this  
Grafter

AmaZON KINDLE

but u cant carry 10 books in a bag, let alone 3500

As a uni student or a professional, i think it is sick, you can have entire text books on one device

And there are a lot of free books out there too

im of the opinion that it is worth it

Guest Triple XXX

id get if it was in colour tbh

n without that keypad

better than an ipad tho still, that shits so useless

want to know what its like reading from these things, normally hate reading from screens, eyes get tired and i loose concentration.

can you use it outside in the sun?

i think these types of objects are the future tho

u get to browse the web for free, no monthly charge, browser is experimental but its freeee

lol @ 3500 books

How many of your typical public or even University student has a collection of more than 100/200 books and has read them all.

Let alone f*ck*ng 3500.

If you were referring to referencing from them (i.e. as a replacement for a library) then I'm on side for its purpose though.

want to know what its like reading from these things, normally hate reading from screens, eyes get tired and i loose concentration.

apparently the screen views like actual paper, and u can use it bright an dim light

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/technology-video/7975441/Amazon-Kindle-3-ebook-reader-review.html

If you were referring to referencing from them (i.e. as a replacement for a library) then I'm on side for its purpose though.

i think this is obvious

glad you are onside all the same

Guest WAVESURFER

I can see the benefits, but I'd rather just buy a book or go to the library tbh.

I enjoy going to the library, it's an experience I would hate to see become obsolete.

It would be good to have that many books all in one place, but I can't stand reading long things on a computer screen, so jarring.

i like the experience of reading a book turning the page etc, and having a good book collection >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Guest Triple XXX

speakin of which

i need a f*ckin shelf

got my book sin a suitcase

These devices seem to be too narrow and specific in their design / features - the whole electronic book thing

The only unique thing I can see is the display which is quite impressive, but could easily be incorporated into a web book type device which would have much more fucntionality

These devices seem to be too narrow and specific in their design / features - the whole electronic book thing

The only unique thing I can see is the display which is quite impressive, but could easily be incorporated into a web book type device which would have much more fucntionality

thats how they keep it this nice handy size, it is as thin as a pencil

what is a web book, a net book?

Yeah you can read it outside

I actually did a 20 minute presentation on the Kindle at uni, and it's a really good purchase