Best 11 1995-now

thinkingthuglife

Being player of the year in France makes you one of the best players in the world? Very clueless.

You couldn't of seen Veron@Lazio if you did you wouldn't be putting him in the same bracket as the said players mentioned by you.

As for Anderson I asked you a simple question I wasn't sure if I saw right but did you post that you been following football for only four years?

Lol@HDJ

Shechenko and Makelele were both world class when they came.

Nandos boy will ignore u blood. he knows his wrong.

Guest Portuguese

Genuine World class means one of the best. Shevchenko when he moved to Chelsea from Milan in 2006 he was in decline due to injuries and loss of form.

Yes the weather seems to be one of the reasons now the new tax law which was introduce last year but for you to simply claim that's sole reason then you are deluded.

So Essien was one of the best prior his transfer to Chelsea? You really haven't got a clue.

World class means one of the best at the current time which is genuine world class.

Guest Portuguese

portugese you need to stop moving the goalposts. as much of a failure Shevchenko was in England, before his arrival he was easily accepted as one of the top 3-4 strikers in world football and was a former european player of the year. a genuine 'world class' player, his subsequent failure is irrelevant because your current criteria is only related to how they were rated before coming to the premier league.

add to that ballack, makelele, veron as you say and players like malouda and essien who were footballers of the year in france the years they came to england

Ok I am going to say this for the last time yes all these players the likes of Essien Bergkamp Vieira became WC thanks to the premier league they weren't genuine world class before their arrival.

Chelsea didn't sign Shevchenko after he won the ballon d'or(2004) they signed him in 2006 when he had injuries and lost of form. In 2006 Shevchenko wasn't genuine world class he was one of the best strikers in the world.

Go back to my first post in this topic read it properly and understand the term before throwing players like Malouda in the mix.

As for Ballack you clearly can't read because I said Ballack didn't come to Chelsea in 2002 he came in 2006 when he clearly wasn't one of the genuine world class players in the world.

Which part of 2002 and 2006 are you having trouble understanding?

• Downvote 2

Guest Portuguese

Nobody remembers the losers in european cup finals.

How can you say you rather win the league than the european cup(something tells me you know don't care for the presitige what comes with it)

I have seen leagues where the best team has never won it here is a few examples.

94-95 Blackburn

06-07 Real Madrid

Juventus won titles in the late 90's ahead of Inter when Inter should of won at first it was confusing then it made sense because of Moggi.

as for world team XI I haven't put a premiership player because I haven't yet to see a genuine world class player arrive in the league apart from Veron.

as for world team XI I haven't put a premiership player because I haven't yet to see a genuine world class player arrive in the league apart from Veron.

genuine world class player

Last post on this topic(like I have said before I follow many european leagues and have been doing so since 1996)

• 2 years later...