The Destruction of my Credit

Woodpecker

The plan has now changed my boss said if I pay the bill he will lend me money for food and sh*t so the plan now is...tell the company to split the bill over two months and either go amsterdam/buy ps3 and red dead/ buy a load of green

I can't stay in doors this is so long with no net and with debt looming over my head I feel too depressed to go drinking around here. Rung my compadres in vienna and they all working and I have to be back before the weekend whatever I do.

Obviously I know this is stupid and I shud jus save the money. You man vote by replying to me got a monkey to spend on this stupidness first thing to get three votes will be happening as long as they are before 5 (gmt plus 1) tonight GOGOGO!

• Downvote 11

fam have you even tried this?

I'm gonna dispense some friendly, real world advice - I think I'll be the first.

I know you weren't abroad when you ran the bill up, but the situation still applies.

When loads of people got stuck abroad because of the volcanic ash, loads of them got hit with charges like you for overusing the data on their mobiles, as they were trying to find news, book tickets etc..

One guy was on the news on the radio that had run up a massive phone bill through data usage. He was billed for something in the region of £10k. The fact is, its a credit agreement that you have entered into with your mobile provider, and it is unreasonable for them to demand such a vast amount of money off of you, even though you have agreed to the terms.

Phone them up and speak to them calmly and politely. Tell them your bill is unreasonable. Tell them that it is very unrealistic that you will be able to pay the amount that they are demanding. If you get no where with the person that you are speaking to, ask to speak to somebody more senior.

The solution is to reach an agreement with them. That's what the guy on the radio did. When you are in a credit agreement, it is difficult (and expensive) for the company that you have an agreement with to f*ck up your life (legal action, blacklisting of your credit rating), when you have offered to make a payment - even if it is small (not pathetically small).

You will have to carefully negotiate an amount to pay with them. The guy on the radio got them down to £400, but still didn't want to pay that amount, and had offered them what he had thought was reasonable - something like £30 a day.

But what you want to offer is up to you. Good luck. Remember to use the words in bold when talking to them. It just ridiculous for them to expect anyone to pay that amount one month.

And someone mentioned the EU earlier - the EU hate mobile phone companies (because of expensive roaming charges between EU countries), so they've got your back should it ever get that far!

fam have you even tried this?

I'm gonna dispense some friendly, real world advice - I think I'll be the first.

I know you weren't abroad when you ran the bill up, but the situation still applies.

When loads of people got stuck abroad because of the volcanic ash, loads of them got hit with charges like you for overusing the data on their mobiles, as they were trying to find news, book tickets etc..

One guy was on the news on the radio that had run up a massive phone bill through data usage. He was billed for something in the region of £10k. The fact is, its a credit agreement that you have entered into with your mobile provider, and it is unreasonable for them to demand such a vast amount of money off of you, even though you have agreed to the terms.

Phone them up and speak to them calmly and politely. Tell them your bill is unreasonable. Tell them that it is very unrealistic that you will be able to pay the amount that they are demanding. If you get no where with the person that you are speaking to, ask to speak to somebody more senior.

The solution is to reach an agreement with them. That's what the guy on the radio did. When you are in a credit agreement, it is difficult (and expensive) for the company that you have an agreement with to f*ck up your life (legal action, blacklisting of your credit rating), when you have offered to make a payment - even if it is small (not pathetically small).

You will have to carefully negotiate an amount to pay with them. The guy on the radio got them down to £400, but still didn't want to pay that amount, and had offered them what he had thought was reasonable - something like £30 a day.

But what you want to offer is up to you. Good luck. Remember to use the words in bold when talking to them. It just ridiculous for them to expect anyone to pay that amount one month.

And someone mentioned the EU earlier - the EU hate mobile phone companies (because of expensive roaming charges between EU countries), so they've got your back should it ever get that far!

Lol f*ck you

:lol:

can't you say that your german was sh*t so you weren't able to read the fair usage policy or suttin?

innit. i remember doing sky sales you couldnt sell to old people and you had to be certain they fully understood the contract they were taking.

Lens is right too - £4000 is an irresponsible credit limit.

Someone with more knowledge should be able to tell you but sounds like you have a case. Language barrier + limit way above your earnings = irresponsible contract.

Ski lodge? Not that I can get you a newly decorated house within 15 20 minutes of plenty ski resorts for a price you think is fair. It can be rented to anyone that wants it. And I've mentioned it before in the travel thread you interested bro?

Maybe. Which resorts is it near?

20mins away is kinda long though but I'm willing to listen.