Happy B Day...

Mr. Gayle

... Sega Dreamcast

How fitting that even on its birthday, nine years after its demise, the Sega Dreamcast is still being overshadowed by Sony's PlayStation 2.

It's the PlayStation 2, courtesy of both its actual sales and the perception that many people held off on buying Sega's new console in 1999 in lieu of a PS2 in 2000, that killed the Dreamcast (well, that and rampant piracy), which will go down in history as Sega's least successful, yet perhaps also most-loved home console.

It looked great, it had a great controller, was the first console to really embrace online gaming, and it was home to some of the most unique and memorable game series of all time, like Soul Calibur, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Shenmue, Power Stone, Marvel vs Capcom, Phantasy Star Online, Seaman and Crazy Taxi.

So that it's not completely forgotten on its special day - the Dreamcast was first released in North America on September 9, 1999 - we're going to pay tribute to the little system that couldn't by taking a stroll down the whitest, crispest memory lane in all of gaming.

Never forget.

/

I had tons of games for this, Resident Evil Code Veronica was sick and of course Shenmue

Guest Triple XXX

i never even got this

still recall my heartbreak at not getting the n64 pikachu edition

i swear if i find them around its over

wanted that n64 more than anything

all man got was a gameboy colour for xmas with pokemon red, was alright i suppose, but still heartbroken

CCs were easy back in them days so had pure games, fishing rods etc

/

/

Virtua Striker, some of the goals you could score were sick, but part from adding a second half the DC game was just a straight arcade port, pass and shoot thats it lol, sick times though. Had good graphics and the animation was sick, just gameplay was so poor

AHHHH

Actua Soccer

Used to play that on the arcade - remember thinking the graphics were f*ckin SICK but LOOOL at the camera being so zoomed in.

Crazy Taxi was amazing but I didnt play much else on the dream cast. One of those not so successful ventures like the Playstations 64 bit add on so you could play daytona USA

AHHHH

Actua Soccer

Used to play that on the arcade - remember thinking the graphics were f*ckin SICK but LOOOL at the camera being so zoomed in.

Crazy Taxi was amazing but I didnt play much else on the dream cast. One of those not so successful ventures like the Playstations 64 bit add on so you could play daytona USA

You mean Virtua Striker, Actua was on PC and PS1