depression

Guillermo Rigondeaux

Its hard to pin point the exact time but i've been is depressed since i was about 18/19, its mad in a way as it makes you go deep into your thoughts which obviously isn't good and will make you feel worse.. You need to just let go, and as Eistein once said: "A person starts to live when he can live outside himself." Quote above is to true and i think relates well to depression.

Past year or so two pwople that I was close to got diagnosed with this. f*cked how when you don't know or experience it, it seems like nothing. Just some sadness, emotion, something that'll pass. Should see someone about it, or the very least talk to someone close to you, let them know. Start of 2009 my friend of mine got diagnosed with it. Past two years felt like twenty but he's finally seeing the upside to things again. Hope you got support/loyalty around you.

Same kinda story with me. I won't hijack your thread, but my life has been up and down since as far as I can remember. Again, looking back now I see the signs, I used to bite my nails when I got anxious as a kid, used to binge on food (was a likkle fat teenager, but quite active still). Never smoked weed, but dabbled in drugs at uni and am still smoking weed. Let's just say uni's been an extended experience. Just split up with my first serious girlfriend after living with her for a year, a cousin who I looked up to passed away, my uncle just died (possible suicide), people close to have been stabbed/shot at, right now mortality is very real and life just seems deep, like you said.I know weed isn't the one, haffi lock it off soon. Depressed thoughts + overthinking = bad zone. However, sometimes I know that all I need to chill is a spliff, some good music and a cup of tea. Need to start hitting the gym, getting fatter after losing nuff weight recently.Keep your head up VIPers, anyone who's suffering just know that it could always, always be worse! Depression is essentially a waste of energy, and I believe in the Secret kinda flex, what ever energy you put out will be the energy returned to you, positive or negative. Be creative, it's generally a good positive outlet for people - many famous artists suffered from it, but it also kinda saved them!

• Upvote 3

Don't just think it's a 'man up' thing, depression is a serious serious thing, people will be like why don't you just get out of the house, stop feeling sorry for yourself, but it's so much deeper than that and unless you've had it you wouldn't understand. Still I'd say the best thing to do is get a plan of action, plot your next moves and follow through, having something to do will force you to be proactive. Won't press you for details but I recall you being in a really good place, with your boxing and trainer and everything, sucks to hear things aren't working out but when you get through this you're gonna be a lot stronger.

• Upvote 2

Depression is essentially a waste of energy, and I believe in the Secret kinda flex, what ever energy you put out will be the energy returned to you, positive or negative. Be creative, it's generally a good positive outlet for people - many famous artists suffered from it, but it also kinda saved them!
in addition to the v good post above, we tend to make depression into some major event, and once that happens, you will go further into it. anyone 'depressed' is still alive. appreciate what you have right now not what you've lost and move on. mentally....you can only change what you want to see change.

• 1 month later...