CHRIS MOYLES' RADIO RANT

imhim

Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles has hit out at his BBC bosses in an extraordinary rant on his breakfast show, accusing them of "a huge lack of respect" and revealing he had not been paid since July.

Moyles told listeners he was "very, very angry" about the situation and said he thought about not coming in to present the show.

He said the corporation could not "be bothered" to pay him and told listeners: "Why should I come in? It's a two-way street. What annoys me is the fact I mentioned it to people this week. Fix it, just get it fixed. It's a huge lack of respect and a massive FU to me."

Moyles said BBC bosses would not treat other broadcasters in the same way, saying: "Can you imagine if Terry Wogan had not got paid for two months, would you even think that would ever happen? It just wouldn't, would it?

"Do you ever think anyone would forget to pay Chris Evans for two months and nobody would panic about it?"

Moyles continued talking for around half-an-hour without playing any records.

He also criticised listeners who texted the show to complain about his diatribe.

In response to one text claiming he should be grateful to be well paid and to have a private driver, Moyles said: "You know nothing about my life. And by the way, what, because I get paid more than you that means if I don't get paid for two months I should just go 'oh well'?

"And by the way, I slept on someone's sofa last night so don't speak to me about my life, you have no idea, my friend. If you really have a problem with that, I'm telling you now I'll pay your licence fee and you can switch off and listen to someone else. Go and read the Daily Mail."

A BBC spokeswoman said there had been a problem with a computer and the payments were being processed.

LMFAO

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100922/tuk-dj-moyles-in-on-air-rant-over-pay-6323e80.html

hate this guy for paving the way for james corbert ,johnny vegas and all others championing obesity as a comic prop and kitemark as opposed to a sympton of extreme mental illness,but hes right to complain,however if i wasnt paid for to months you will think i am still turning up to work evry day? thats unlikely

lol i dunno id want to hold on to a high paid job like that and not give them a reason to fire me

i cant see them taking too long to pay him now hes gone and moaned over the airwaves

from when the head of the BBC gets paid more than the prime minister of this country, he has a right to complain.

read this and was like

av-26.jpg

Mark Thompson earns £834,000 a year as the chief of the BBC :huh:

Frankly executives in a government-funded company should never be paid so highly. Talent will always be talent and will be paid higher for whatever reason but what does this guy do that's special? The head of ITV gets paid £300k and they aren't being funded by no one. True say BBC do more but still.

His salary is ridiculous, granted. However, I'm sick of people f*ck*ng moaning that the public sector should be paid pittance in comparison to the private sector. It's quite simple... If the pay is sh*t, only the sh*t people will take the job. That means shitter quality public services. People expect everyone working in the public sector to be some kind of volunteer! It's a job like any other... The best person has to get hired but the best person will not apply if the salary is not competitive. For example, if ITV wanted to pay a presenter £200k and the BBC paid them £201k, people would complain. But if the BBC paid presenters £20k and had a bunch of sh*t presenters everyone would complain that the BBC is crap.

Also, I'm sick of people being compared to the Prime Minister. Who the f*ck decided he should be the benchmark for how much people should be paid!? Local authority leaders I can understand as to the general public they are just doing what he does but on a smaller scale. But this "earns more than the PM" thing goes too far at times... Even beyond the public sector!

• Upvote 6

the BBC is sh*t though, I only give them props for their news and their In New DJs We Trust radio shows

the fact that they're funded by the government seems to give them an excuse not to try hard, Channel 4 and E4 shits on them for TV content, and a combination of Heart and Kiss sh*t on them for radio content