Ed Sheeran

Guest faze

So his EP featured nearly every Grime MC you could think of, and yet his album has no one on?

Hmm...

why would it? it is his debut album, it has no features at all, it is about him.

The EP was a collaborations EP, it said what it was on the tin.

all his major single releases to date have had official MC remixes and features.

• Upvote 2

how is he jumping on the bandwagon if he has always liked the music and associates and is constantly with people who make that music?

it was a "urban" youtube channel that exposed him to the masses in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So his EP featured nearly every Grime MC you could think of, and yet his album has no one on?

Hmm...

why would it? it is his debut album, it has no features at all, it is about him.

The EP was a collaborations EP, it said what it was on the tin.

all his major single releases to date have had official MC remixes and features.

:/

Your chattin shit with a sprinkle of truth tbh

If you can't see the classic use & abuse tekkers that took/and is taking place then :lol: @ you

To me he is just another one of these acoustic dorky emo singer that use see on youtube on a regular basis

He jumped on the U*ban bandwagon to get his foot in the door and in true fashion went is own way.

Then again I won't even say he jumped on. Its just black culture as tolerant and easily convinced as ever to plug his stuff.

Probably had his phone & wallet tucked in his vans while doing those A64 and what not

He is good at what he does. But, end ofthe day without the U*ban bandwagon. He wouldn't be mobo nominated.

• Downvote 1

so what so he did a collab his he should have mc's on his debut album? is that what you are telling me?

how has he used and abused anybody :/

hes worked with wretch, scorcher, devlin, wiley, dot rotton on there own projects before, hes supported them on gigs and tours.

• Downvote 3

No he doesn't HAVE to but then again if you've been 'working' with pure 'urban' artists & you've been getting alot of love from it, building your fan base off that lane, why won't you even have just 1 or 2 on the album?

Quick example, to me it's like selling someone apples for years then suddenly you start selling them nuts.

And why are you going on like debut albums don't have collabs tho

Look FA23, at the end of the day it's all a game. This is the music business, don't let who he's worked with & the ppl around him fool you into thinking THAT'S his/or managements end plan.

By the way, the use & abuse tekkers is nothing new, same old shit tbh. Nothings changed but the faces.

Do you remember Pink? If so do you remember how she first came out? Her music/image etc?

• Upvote 1

No he doesn't HAVE to but then again if you've been 'working' with pure 'urban' artists & you've been getting alot of love from it, building your fan base off that lane, why won't you even have just 1 or 2 on the album?

Quick example, to me it's like selling someone apples for years then suddenly you start selling them nuts.

Look FA23, at the end of the day it's all a game. This is the music business, don't let who he's worked with & the ppl around him fool you into thinking THAT'S his/or managements end plan.

By the way, the use & abuse tekkers is nothing new, same old shit tbh. Nothings changed but the faces.

Do you remember Pink? If so do you remember how she first came out? Her music/image etc?

I don't see how he has built his fan base of those collabs? Surely that came from the TONS of hard graft he puts in, The A Team and You Need Me?

Also how do you know that they didn't contact him to work with him? they are using his hype just as much as he is using theirs and who would think that is his end plan? cmon seriously, don't be silly.

Pink argument is irrelevant, she was pushed into a genre that she didn't have at heart, broke free and proved them wrong.

The guy is 20.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

i take it this fa23 brudda is your typical neeky white student who jumps on every bandwagon

his favorite rapper is eminem 100%

:arrow:

move along jack

/

what hideandseek said.

all his biggest tunes came before the collabs project, touring with example came before the collabs project, the sbtv video came before the collabs...

he had already gained a fanbase, could it not be said the grime artists were jumping on his current appeal?

• Downvote 1

I don't see how he has built his fan base of those collabs? Surely that came from the TONS of hard graft he puts in, The A Team and You Need Me?

Also how do you know that they didn't contact him to work with him? they are using his hype just as much as he is using theirs and who would think that is his end plan? cmon seriously, don't be silly.

Pink argument is irrelevant, she was pushed into a genre that she didn't have at heart, broke free and proved them wrong.

The guy is 20.

Lol at Pink was pushed into a genre that she didn't have an heart in, what are you talking about lad, Pink first got noticed performing in a RnB band that she chose to join in fact form of her own back, she wasn't pushed into the genre.

• Downvote 1

BUT, all I'd like to see is some recognition of where he came from and the people who have supported him along the way, then again he shouldn't have to.

you not think supporting them on tours, featuring them on his major release official remixes (with remix videos), collaborating with them on their own projects, and no doubt geting some of them to support him on his own sell out tour is recognition to people who have supported him?

a debut album is a different matter imo. it should always be about you.

Thought I'd like his album but I don't really (from the first few tracks). Something about his choice of lyrics.

he is sick but it is kind of true he built his hype throught th grime scene if it wasnt for that he would just be another kid with a guitar sing accoustic songs

Not gonna lie, since hearing it during the new Hobbit film, it's grown on me

Not gonna lie, since hearing it during the new Hobbit film, it's grown on me

http://youtu.be/bb90SJRGiM8

Not a bad chilled out track tbf

I love his music. Most of his songs are good.