whey protein and weight gainer....

NiNES.

How would you treat a weight gainer with these benifets? * Complex Carbs Only! * No Sucrose, Fructose, or Aspartame! * 54g Protein * 98% Lactose Free * 97% Fat Free * 3g Creatine * 2g Glutamine * Pre-Digested Whey Peptides * 100% Whey Protein Sources Its got 620cals, would you take one before and after working out or just as a meal replacement?

How would you treat a weight gainer with these benifets? * Complex Carbs Only! * No Sucrose, Fructose, or Aspartame! * 54g Protein * 98% Lactose Free * 97% Fat Free * 3g Creatine * 2g Glutamine * Pre-Digested Whey Peptides * 100% Whey Protein Sources Its got 620cals, would you take one before and after working out or just as a meal replacement?
Would take it twice a day. One as a meal replacement and one straight after gym.

whats the carb content? that detrermines if its suitable as a meal replacement. and even though it says "No aspartame" i BET its got Acesulfame K!!!! gotta love how products can bullshit their way into your pocket if you dont take a second look.

whats the carb content? that detrermines if its suitable as a meal replacement. and even though it says "No aspartame" i BET its got Acesulfame K!!!! gotta love how products can bullshit their way into your pocket if you dont take a second look.
Calories: 620Calories From Fat: 45Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 110mgPotassium: 395mgTotal Carbohydrates: 80gFiber: 4gSugars: 5gProtein: 56gProduct is called Cytosport Cyto Gainer

Calories: 620Calories From Fat: 45Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 110mgPotassium: 395mgTotal Carbohydrates: 80gFiber: 4gSugars: 5gProtein: 56gProduct is called Cytosport Cyto Gainer
yeah i checked it out, just like i thought:among the Ingredients=

Acesulfame Potassium

rolleyes.gif after claiming its aspartame free. apart from that, its got what you need as a weight gainer. if you have it as a meal replacement, then its best to make sure the meal you have i.e. Lunch/dinner is packed with protein and good fats from oils (or just take stuff like omega-3 oils), and only a little bit of carbs cos if you have lots of carbs with food along with this weight gainer, you're looking at a pot belly and way too much carbs that most likely wont be burnt off to look right. this is assuming you take this weight gainer, and follow a good diet religiously.

• Upvote 1

Much appreciated safe for that man, yeah im looking to start proper on Monday on stronglifts 5x5 program and thought this would go well with heavy compound excercies to put on some weightSo, so far you recommended 1 for meal replacement is that it for the day? or should i take one after or before workouts awell?And what is wrong with 'Acesulfame Potassium'? is it bad for you? I would be eating chicken breasts, steak, different type of beans, tuna etc for protien and olive oil and fish oil for the EFA'sAny more advice you can give would be welcome as im a total beginner at this, would 5x5 be a good program?The more i know the easier and faster i would reach my goal.

Much appreciated safe for that man, yeah im looking to start proper on Monday on stronglifts 5x5 program and thought this would go well with heavy compound excercies to put on some weightSo, so far you recommended 1 for meal replacement is that it for the day? or should i take one after or before workouts awell?And what is wrong with 'Acesulfame Potassium'? is it bad for you? I would be eating chicken breasts, steak, different type of beans, tuna etc for protien and olive oil and fish oil for the EFA'sAny more advice you can give would be welcome as im a total beginner at this, would 5x5 be a good program?The more i know the easier and faster i would reach my goal.
one in the morning and one after a workout should be ok. personally i would also buy a low car protein shake, and have that after a workout along with a small carb content meal (pasta, rice etc). your focus should be to build muscle bulk, not JUST bulk, so you need lots of protein. people should understand that when bodybuilders 'bulk' its not saturated fat they bulk up with, but that bulk is alot of water retention cos it helps reduce injury during mass phase. losing water is far easier to lose than losing carbs and fat. the 5x5 program is very good for gaining mass, your rest time is important too, so you can maximise your workout, so about 3-minutes rest is recommended. acesulfame is part of the artificial sweeteners put in all types of 'low fat' products. i dont see how one who trains and east well to avoid sugary fake products while training, then goes to buy protein supplements that will be taken in far more consistency than the regular products avoided...yet it still contains the same fake sweeteners. i dont like the effects they have on children and theres evidence pointing to other dangers on our health, even going up to the thun-esque levels of conspiracies to 'dumben down' the populace while the world elites take over the worldcool.gif. unfortunately, the ones that dont contain them cost a bit more.
  • Upvote 1