65 days and counting...trapped underground

carpedeum

Rescuers have drilled through to the underground chamber where 33 Chilean miners have been trapped since August.

The breakthrough at the San Jose mine came shortly after 0800 local time (1200 GMT), sparking celebrations.

It means efforts to remove the miners through the tunnel should begin within days.

The men were trapped when part of the mine collapsed on 5 August - their 65-day ordeal is the longest suffered by a group of miners caught underground.

They have been living in a shelter 700m (2,300ft) underground. However, the Plan B drill - the second of three which have been working simultaneously - has penetrated 624m to a workshop which can be reached by the miners.

_49435115_breakthrough_story_day65_2.gif

now they need to be rescued using a 38CENTIMETER wide capsule, which can take anything from 20mins to 1 hour to reach the surfaceohmy.gif.

if i was there, i would request to be sedated while inside the tube, cos i cant see me and my heart lasting that long in such an enclosed space.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

remember reading about this in august, didnt realise it's been tht long

some f*cked situation, can't imagine what it would feel like being trapped down there for so long, those anti-depressants they were sending them probably did nothing. you need a high level of fortitude and a lot of optimism to endure such a thing and come out mentally intact

• Upvote 1

Guest Triple XXX

thats what u get for doin f*cked up jobs like that

the whole mountain is teeming with gold. hardly an F*ed up job, if you live in the area and need to earn a living.

better them than me tbh

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

remember reading about this in august, didnt realise it's been tht long

some f*cked situation, can't imagine what it would feel like being trapped down there for so long, those anti-depressants they were sending them probably did nothing. you need a high level of fortitude and a lot of optimism to endure such a thing and come out mentally intact

they've been working and all sorts down there, not just sitting about, been sent beers and films from their families. it's gonna be pretty emotional when that first guy steps out into the sunshine.

• Upvote 1

if i was there, i would request to be sedated while inside the tube, cos i cant see me and my heart lasting that long in such an enclosed space.

Thought the same thing when I saw the sizie of the tube. I wonder how long it's gonna take them to get used to sunlight.

Wouldn't want to be the last person out

i've deaded You enuff times, and You still can't answer my question in the trainers thread, so moving on

but to those who negged, so You're tellin me if You were trapped undergrodn with man for nuff days, forced to be aroudn them, You wouldnt wana move to them?

i've deaded You enuff times, and You still can't answer my question in the trainers thread, so moving on

but to those who negged, so You're tellin me if You were trapped undergrodn with man for nuff days, forced to be aroudn them, You wouldnt wana move to them?

i think you should of worded this a bit differently

but to answer your question, no

• Upvote 1

put it this way. just like in your avi, even if u did move to anyone...it wdnt end up well for you.